Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Direct IM
Hi

Newbie to here and Adult Work. I'm just wanting some advice/tips on Direct IM. I've decided to start with this as I've never done anything like this before so I feel that this is the safest, easiest way to begin.

What I want to know is how to get people to go from the free chat to the private/group chat. What should I say? Obviously I don't want to say too much as then they won't a private chat but I want a good opening line. I thought I had one guy hooked, he said that he liked me and seemed interested in what I'd said but then logged out. Plus I've had many log in and out within seconds before I can say anything, which I find odd.

As I say I'm just wanting some advice/tips to get me started and then I may think about moving on to other services.

Many thanks
Don't bother using free chat for direct IM. You'll just get the time wasters and free loaders coming into your room. Have you thought about offering phone? Direct Im is pretty dead 80% of the time, unless you're an already established Camgirl. I rarely log in to direct IM, but when I do it's generally only my regs that come to see me. x
Thanks for the reply Mistress Babalon. As I'm new I want to build my confidence up first and then move on to the phone side. Plus this is a way to check that it is for me. I thought little steps and then work up.

I know I wouldn't have lots of guys coming in straight away and I'm not expecting anything extraordinary but I've had 5 guys come on and chat but got nothing. Two of the chats were very promising, one of them even asked if I wanted to go private, after I said what we could chat about, so I said yes and he logged off. I thought that offering the free chat would do me good.

Free chat in IM is the best way to start. Lots of freeloaders and guys coming in thinking you're on cam then leaving when they realise they can't see you. It cuts out in free every 3 minutes and you can restrict them to just 5 mins free. Someone will go into paid eventually.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
With direct IM you are pretty much guaranteed to have no customers at all until you have built up regs through camming and phone. You can put free IM on if you want but i'd turn off the notification sounds because it will drive you mad. If you (miraculously) get a paying customer, a note will flash up on your screen to say so and a chime will sound.

The time you spend trying to "convert" someone in free is honestly not worth it, when you could be on cam making money during that time x
Hi,

Stick with it if thats all your comfortable doing for now, i started off just doing this for a while when i very first started on aw, the guys like fresh blood so if you stick with it your soon get a pvt.

Katy is right you need freemode to start, you will get a hell of a lot of freeloaders (restrict the freetime to 5 mins every 24 hrs) your soon get someone go pvt and hopefully once they get to know you and you cater for there needs there become a reg for you.

I know a few girls that mainly do directim have long pvts everyday and its there sole income but they have built up there regs.

Its not for everyone and can be soooooooo slow, you dont need to talk about anything your not comfortable with ( i dont do extreme age play) but if your happy talking about anything it could be a winner for you if you build up to phones along with the directim that can work out even better.

Make sure you have some good pictures on your profile and a pvt gallery too Wink

Good luck and if you ever need help this forum is pretty good x
Thanks for the replies Classy Katy and xKatieBabyx.

Thanks for being positive Classy Katy. I'd forgotten that free chats cut out every 3 minutes, so that's why they disappear.

xKatieBabyx I know I'd be making money on cams but I'm not sure if I want to do that as it means I'd be showing my face and I'm scared of being recognised. I'm wanting to start small and build up and once I'm confident and trust people then I may do cam work for regulars
Hi Lollycoxx

Thanks for the positive reply.

I set the freeview to 5 mins in 24hrs straight away, I don't want to give it away lol.

I've said I'll talk about anything as at the moment I don't know what I might be uncomfortable, if anything, as it's new. I am open minded so definately not too prudish.

I've only posted one pic on my gallery as most of the pics I've got show my face which I don't want to do as I'm paranoid about being recognised. Daft but I know what my lucks like so I have to think careful.

So what is a good opening line in free chat? I don't want to come on too strong but I don't want to come across as boring.
Not prudish and open minded lol...........Well directim can be an eye opener you just wait and see what some want to talk about!

In Free just do the normal hi, how are you spill, ask them what there into but dont go give them a free sex chat just try and intice them ( this can take time) but being new will help you as long as

You sort your profile out and have some good pics up, if you dont want to show your face thats fine, just some sexy body parts or a full length just chop your head out of it........no need for explicit pics on your profile, leave the really naughty ones for your pvt gallery.

You will need to put long hours into it to make it work, the girls i know that make a living from it are on it all day and night and also do phones one has had many many years of phone sex experience and has a vivid depraved imagination that you will need to keep some of them happy on there.

I mainly cam as i cant put so many hours in as i used to work, it can wreak your social and home life.

For me now if i am on directim and get a pvt its from a reg that i have cammed with........but like i say there are some that just do directim and it can work.

x
I started out on IM doing free, then I tried phone chat and one of my IM customers gave me the confidence to try camming. I have IM regulars and rarely have my camming regs chat with me...most of mine are either IM, cam or phone, with only a few using more than one of those.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx