Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Home rule
In becoming a seperate nation-state they would have to have Scottish passports, border controls,and then a new currency(Euros?) - then a fully devolved Parliament,etc ..etc....
I do not think this will ever happen, but then we live in changing times.
JM.
(09-05-2011, 23:37)sugar-11 Wrote: passport control? well that's crazy when we all share the same passport- unless of course they would have to turn in their uk passports. mind you, i quite like the idea of being dual nationality...

Folk from the republic of Ireland have a differant passport, and it would be the same for all citizens of Scotland.

As for the currency, I suppose they would welcome the euro's so there could be more than passports to worry about.
what's wrong with the scottish mony they already have?? i'd like to place a bet right now- that should they get passports (one of which i would like to obtain) they will be blue. any takers??
Scottish notes went out of circulation as they were asked to fall in line with the rest of the UK in terms of notes etc, so to use Euro's would be like getting the currency of their choice again, and make a statement that they were not part of the union of the UK.
i dont want to use euros
Scotland would be bankrupt in weeks

The nats harp on about Scottish Oil, but to cover their bills they would have to pump out all their reserves in one go.

If Scotland were to become separate the RBS and HBOS would have to become English companies, as they couldn't afford to pay back the portions of the loans made by England Wales, and NI

The nats want to increase income tax by 3p in the pound, that would drive more South of the border.

Don\t forget the population of Scotland (at the 2001 census) was just over 5 million. More people live in London than the whole of Scotland!!

The nats oppose nuclear weapons, that means the Navy base at Faslane would end up being closed, at the cost of a few thousand jobs. The RAF would be unlikely to keep Lossiemouth and Leuchars open (after all who in the RAF would want to work there if they had to pay more tax than their colleagues in England and Wales) meaning about another 4000 jobs would go.

If Scotland had been separate at the start of the banking crisis, the Scottish taxpayer alone would have had to bail out RBS and HBOS. Every taxpayer in Scotland would have had to pay, one independent body says in the region of £19000 each.

Free university place would have to go, along with prescriptions, eye tests, need I go on?
(09-05-2011, 23:53)kenny m Wrote: Scottish notes went out of circulation as they were asked to fall in line with the rest of the UK in terms of notes etc

I went to a cash machine yesterday, and got £20 notes from the RBS, HBOS, and Clydesdale bank.

Scottish banknotes are going as strong as always

When decimalisation came in, I remember one person saying "why dont they just wait till all the old people are dead then introduce it, pence shillings and pounds will always be our way of life".

Euro's will be easier, and its going to get more folk from other european country's visiting Scotland for tourism, as the currency will be the same for them.
i see enough tourists thank u, damn burns
Och Robbie was not all that bad ye ken, he had a guid word for the wimmin.
maybe i have his spirit in my home & thats why the guys are randy