Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just cam issue and how to make it work better
(12-11-2012, 22:08)kitty Wrote: Right not a lot of questions then Tongue

To be honest I forget all the details but I've had it for over 4 years now, it's fine for internet and some games but for what I need it to do it's hopeless. It struggles to run skype etc.

I've been looking into a new setup for a while now I've had so many issues with over the past few months, too many to little things to mention but I know the hard drive hasn't long left, the fan recently broke on the graphics card (makes a lot of noise, so bad that I currently can't offer phone chat) and to be honest I just want a fresh start lol.

I could upgrade all the bits and pieces but the plan is to fix it up so it's great as a "beginner" pc and give it to my boyfriends little brother, so at least it's not going to a complete waste.

I'm looking for something more compact that's easy to move between my bedroom and living room so was considering the mac mini's... still undecided, which is why I've been putting this off for so long. Feel free to make suggestions Smile
I dont know if this will help but hey,
Ok I fully understand your plight, and I think you can get a good spec which will keep you up and running cheap at the mo...Comit is in liquidation go in grab a bargain if you can.. Go on the website look at the computers/prices choose a comp go in with cash
Don’t offer them the full price. barter with them until you get a deal that suits you...Am not sure if they do buy it now, pay later. I had mine build to my own specification with being dyslexic/ academia arena now AW and always bought with cash, so I don’t know much on that score am afraid.

If cash is hard to come by due to the time of year, then you can buy that is called legacy ram/graph card,its cheaper ... Dont let them Tell you there is no such thing! Essentially, it second hand stuff taken out of old machines then sold on, hence the name legacy. Fan making a lot of noise ..am unsure, is it dusty if so get a can of air and spray it until it is all clear.

Hope I haven’t loaded you with too much info and I certainly hope this information gives you help.

Kind regards BS xx