Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Little known AW "terms" and tips
I thought I would start this thread so that we can get together and help each other, along with extracting some of the underlying "terms" that AW have.
So I will start this off. One of the items in the T&C's is that the first viewing of the day of one of your clips you do not get paid for, AW keep the money for that one. This is not the same for rentals where you get the money for every view. So I tend to cull clips that are not being viewed a lot, the theory I have is that the more clips you have the more "first views" you get. If you had 18 clips up and each one of them only got viewed once a day you would make no money at all. If you have 5 clips, the chances are low that each one of them will only be viewed once, and after that you start making money. Just my thought so don't dissect this too much.
Second, how to keep the cost of your vids down. We know that AW have a minimum pricing policy for clips, the more MB the clip is, the more you have to charge for it, nothing to do with the length of the clip. So I use Windows movie maker to reduce the Megabites of clips. You can make a clip that is 100MB any size you want by just dialing in what MB you want it on the "save to my computer" tab. I like to keep mine about 12-14 MB, this seems to be the magic number for getting your clips in at 1 credit. I have done extensive testing and have found that by keeping my clips down to this level the make far more money than if I were to charge more. Of course the quality isn't great, but then you can always offer a full length version on the rentals page if you wanted.
Excellent bit of advice there Christie. I certainly didn't know that about the first view of the day not being paid for!

Here's one from me (don't know how unknown this is, but it's valid nonetheless) when a client makes a phone chat booking, they can watch your clips and/or look at your private gallery for free before and after the booking for a short period of time...

So if a client tries to cancel the booking and/or not call you, and you refund them, just bear this in mind that they may have gotten a freebie (if they have little or no feedback and you haven't dealt with them before, they may well have been at it!).
(26-06-2012, 11:58)christie Wrote: One of the items in the T&C's is that the first viewing of the day of one of your clips you do not get paid for, AW keep the money for that one.

You had me worried here (bad enough with the "freeview credits"!), but I went and checked what Adultwork says, and this only applies to non verified members. Phew!
I find another over 4 credits for a movie and they watch it with their freeviews. The same with my private photos, I have them only available for daily purchase so it's not as worthwhile to use up freeviews.

I tried making my movies smaller but I didn't sell any extra and just lost money, so instead I make them a size that doesn't affect the quality too much and keeps them under 3 credits.

I wish I realised when I started that with webcam bookings you need to wait until they have confirmed and that you don't need to give them your skype/msn address as it will be shown to them when they confirm. Gave away a free 40 minute session my first time, dupped by a guy who has tons of aliases and seems to make it his hobby to prey on newbies.

I don't off pre-booked phone chat...just direct chat, it saves a lot of grief!
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
(27-06-2012, 12:23)Scotty_Hottie Wrote:
(26-06-2012, 11:58)christie Wrote: One of the items in the T&C's is that the first viewing of the day of one of your clips you do not get paid for, AW keep the money for that one.

You had me worried here (bad enough with the "freeview credits"!), but I went and checked what Adultwork says, and this only applies to non verified members. Phew!

Great bit of info there. See, you can teach an old dog new tricks. God knows when they changed that. Mind if it was after 2005 I wouldn't have seen it lol
I have to say Katy that I think you're missing a BIG trick there. Guys, some by their own very character prefer booked chat. My booked chat credit turnover nearly equals directchat calls... you should reconsider!

Plus, what I love about pre-booked phone chat - SO many guys, literally - the majority, book 5/10/15 mins, cum after a few and then fuck off. Brill.
(30-06-2012, 03:14)curlytots Wrote: I have to say Katy that I think you're missing a BIG trick there. Guys, some by their own very character prefer booked chat. My booked chat credit turnover nearly equals directchat calls... you should reconsider!

Plus, what I love about pre-booked phone chat - SO many guys, literally - the majority, book 5/10/15 mins, cum after a few and then fuck off. Brill.

Yes I've heard that they book way too much time LOL. I don't know...I lose so much time on a booked webcam but it's worth it due to the 10 min minimum I put on it but to lose that time for just a booked chat, I don't know. When I get a booking through I come off direct chat and direct cam so that definitely I'm free for the booking.

There seems to be a lot of negative feedback around relating to booked chats too and guys seem more likely to claim the call didn't happen etc.

I might consider it the days I'm not doing webcam though, thanks xx
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
(30-06-2012, 03:14)curlytots Wrote: I have to say Katy that I think you're missing a BIG trick there. Guys, some by their own very character prefer booked chat. My booked chat credit turnover nearly equals directchat calls... you should reconsider!

Oooh thanks for this I never knew.
I used to be snow white but drifted...