Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture Stolen from Pvt Gallery :(
I reported a directcam member yesterday for posting a link in my chat (which i didn't click for safety). In response to my report, aw sent me a warning that one of the pics in my pvt gallery is elsewhere on the web and to remove it from my gallery!!! I checked the link they sent me and the pic is of me, and has been stolen from my gallery since it is the only place i have posted it. It's the first stolen picture I've ever found of me and it feels horrible Sad I did a google similar images search and found all the places the pic is posted and tried to find out the emails/ contact details of who owns/ runs them. Some are tumblr blogs and tumblr were pretty good, just asking for a verification pic of me holding a sign or my passport. But others are more tricky, they seem to lead round in circles to different sites all linked up together somehow. One site asks specifically for a full dmca including my full name and address which i am obviously not prepared to give Sad

Can anyone tell me what to do to get these pics taken down?

Also, what do I do about AW? I emailed them saying the pic is obviously stolen and is most definitely of me, posted only in their pvt gallery, but as yet no response. I've taken all my pics out of my gallery for now as clearly some bastard has paid for access then blatantly stolen my content!
Do you water mark your pics prior to putting in the gallery..It may help from having them stolen.
Something I need to consider after reading this.
What phase did you put in google to locate your pics pls..am going to do a little checking

BS xxxx
What is the rule regards watermarks on your photos?

can you put web site address or do you have to use your AW profile name?
I was wondering the same thing...this is from the help page:

Copyright is automatic in the UK and most of the rest of the world. It is essentially a private right so decisions about use of a copyright work and how to enforce copyright are generally for a copyright owner to take for him or herself.

Do I have to mark my work to claim copyright?

Although a few countries require that a work be marked with the international © mark followed by the name of the copyright owner and year of publication, this is not essential in most countries, including the UK. However, marking in this way may assist in copyright infringement proceedings.

What about marking my work and enforcing copyright when I put it on a web site?

Generally, when you put your work on a web site, it is probably a good idea to mark each page of the web site with the international © mark followed by the name of the copyright owner and year of publication*. In addition, you could include information on your web site about the extent to which you are content for others to use your copyright material without permission. Although material on a web site is protected by copyright in the same way as material in other media, you should bear in mind that web sites are accessible from all over the world and, if material on your web site is used without your permission, you would generally need to take action for copyright infringement where this use occurs.

*A website address, domain name or email address is NOT valid as a copyright owner as it does not constitute a person or organisation.

If you wish to upload images to AdultWork.com with some form of copyright notice on them please be sure that the owner's name or registered business name is used. In the event of URLs being found on uploaded pictures or movies, we will require a company registration number that points to this name as the company name or trading name.

Please click here to register your company information
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
It seems I am chasing my tail on this Sad *frustrated* Just had notice back from each of the hosts whom I sent a DMCA notice to, to say the websites are not hosted by them. But Whois says they are??

Can anyone PLEASE help?!
It's a frustrating fact of life that any image presented on the internet can be copied.

I hope you get things sorted quick
Surely you have been through this KDB? What steps do I need to take to find out who i need to contact and send a dmca to? Because at the moment no one seems to be helping me and i cannot seem to figure it out myself.. just going round in circles for 3 whole days now and the image is still up there bold as brass Sad
Sure have but failed to get anything done after 3 rounds of expensive legal advice told me I had no leg to stand on.

I still need to start dishing out DMCAs myself actually & will consider this a kick up the ass to do so. Once you've been through the initial steep learning curve it will be quicker next time

Please do let us know how you get on - good luck with everything
Okay so I acquainted myself with the fairly straightforward DMCA process so if you give me a name I can use, the site they got them from & where they are currently being hosted I can whack in a DMCA notice for you this time

Next time you can do your own homework as I just did!

Just whacked in over 10 DMCA notices myself!
Okay after further investigation it seems I have my own hands full but it's not rocket science - just time consuming

I know what I'm doing between shows tomorrow!