Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Studio Groups Taking Advantage of Girls
Yep im in derby area
Surely there has to be a way that our profiles can be deleted from there and be allowed to set up alone
I think it's awful that they take a percentage of our money just for being apart of that group
As you're all in different locations, how did he manage to recruit you both?

I'm guessing you were both new to webcamming at the time?
He came to my house, we got in touch via a modelling site and yea I had never heard of webcam.
Same here; I was contacted on a modeling networking site and no, I'd never heard of webcam either. I'd never met him until he flew me out to Portugal about a month after I'd started.
Jaz informed me that she doesn't have a copy of the contract either...
(11-07-2012, 11:27)jazminLeigh Wrote: I think it's awful that they take a percentage of our money just for being apart of that group

Sorry have to disagree with you there, at some point you entered into an agreement with them and as such that was what you agreed to and probably at the time was very happy to do so. You have then since found out that you could have signed up to AW by yourself and not been part of this group and so wish to get out of the contract.

This is the same as any other business contract, somebody has the knowledge / supplier contacts that you do not, therefore they make money out of you, so if you had an agreement with them you should stick to it and so should they. By acting as a group manager and taking a % of your earnings they should also work hard to increase your earnings by promoting you and the group, which in turn will increase their own % - If this is happening then you may be earning more than if you go it alone.

How much money have you made since being introduced to AW? What would you be doing now if you had not responded to their advert and joined their group?

I do not condone any bullying tactics / unlawful contracts etc that anybody in that position may use and if they do then you should have a right to withdraw from the contract. You also have the right to a copy of the contract that you signed.

Sarah x x x
That's the point-they DON'T promote us. They don't upload videos or pics; WE do because THEY don't. Our group has never ever been featured, they never reply to emails or texts from us and although apparently too busy to do anything, are constantly down the pub and going on holiday.
My point being, 20% would be easier to part with if they were taking obvious steps to promote us and earning us the money, in turn earning THEM the money, but that's not the case.
They keep telling us their internet is down, yet they always manage to get online and withdraw our credits that go directly into their account. I understand that it may be possible they are accessing the site from a friends house etc, but I'm sure that AW would be able to check the IP address from when the creds were withdrawn x
You make a very valid point there Sarah. And I'm not talking about the particular webcammers on this thread, as I don't know them, but having looked through Adultwork there are plenty of webcam girls who just don't have a clue when it comes to setting up their profiles, and with some actual camming too. I mentioned on another thread recently that one girl wanted 3 credits per minute for a private session, and the cam was of such poor quality that I could barely make out it was a girl.. As a result I'm sure she is really making hardly any $$$ and as such, there are a fair few girls that need a guiding hand to maximise their earnings, there are a lot of webcammers out there and I'm sure fighting for business is hard and they need to stand out from the crowd. However, the girls don't need to be ripped off either, which I can see some groups are getting money for nothing. And to your point, it's better to make 50% of something than 70% of nothing!

I also acknowledge that there are plenty of girls on adultwork who are very good at what they do, and should rightly be independent, but some I do believe need that 'helping hand'.

However, I also don't condone bullying and as such a genuine businessman wouldn't resort to such tactics and a genuine contract would have something such as a 30 day notice period, for either side to end the contract. Under such an agreement though, I would have thought that the webcammer would no longer have the right to use the same profile, using the same clients and feedback built up under the contract, but would be free to start a new profile.
(11-07-2012, 12:30)francesca19 Wrote: They keep telling us their internet is down,

If their making that much money it wouldn't be too difficult to get a new connection!

It sounds like this particular group are just fleecing off your earnings. Like you say, the 20% would be much easier to part with if they were earning their commission.
I know; one of the other girlies in the group actually helped me set up my profile for me-not the manager, and we've shot content with them, some as far back as 2-3yrs ago, and we've yet to see it appear on our profiles; for some of the girls its at a rate of about 5 vids in 3yrs...
I would upload more myself, but I simply refuse to when I'm giving them 20%.
(11-07-2012, 12:35)curiousgeorge Wrote: it's better to make 50% of something than 70% of nothing!

Thing is, we ARE doing it all on our own lol-I know how the site operates and I know how to work it and I am positive that I could do as good a job (if not better) not being tied to a scam group.
And don't scam groups get shut down?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I being taken advantage of? LittleMexxx 7 6,536 24-10-2013, 19:53
Last Post: Miss-Trust