Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Getting disheartened with camming
Ive been camming for over 2 years, then several months ago AW blocked all cam profiles and made us verify we were in the UK before they would allow us to continue camming!

Since then there seems to be 10 times more girls on directcam (many obviously NOT in the UK), has it affected anyone else and are you using other sites now?

I am not making anywhere near as many credits as I used to. Up until a few months ago I could just sit in private for a few hours and never have to do free chat (which I hate) and make 300-400 credits a week.

Now I am having to do free and group chat aswell as private and finding it hard to make half the credits I once did.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Maybe ive lost my mojo lol.

Also do any of you cam on other sites aswell as AW?

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Any advice welcome xx
Hi Blondie, I became a verified member when I joined so I didn't have the problem with the blocked cam thankfully!

I just cam on AW and part time hours but I've noticed the site in general getting busier with new girls and it has been slower for me since the New Year too. I do a mix of free preview and not...some guys will have a session because they saw me in freeview first and some guys will have a session because they can't see me in freeview, I'm not sure how much either way makes a difference.

I have an issue with justcamit...in group it will often chuck my clients out within the first minute (it's not always a case of them choosing to leave), and sometimes they can't get into private at all.

I've found that daily featuring doesn't make a huge amount of difference for webcam, and it gets expensive if you're not up at midnight to feature at the lowest price. I feature hourly but there have been times I've been busier when I haven't featured myself than when I have.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
Hi Katy, well I have been verified for a couple of years, so weird that they made me do that again.
I rarely feature myself as I find you get a lot more come into free chat but it doesnt seem to make a difference to the amount of credits I make.
I've not been on for a couple of weeks as Ive gotten so fed up with it but I think I'll give ith another try over the next few days then maybe look around for another site I can work on aswell as AW. You always get loads more when your new :O)
Yes that was weird! I feature myself whether I do free or not, it increases the numbers coming into free but then most are just looking. You do get more when new, my first months were the best, other than Christmas. I haven't really looked into other sites but I have a friend abroad on an American site and she was telling me the other day that after 4 hours she only made $28. I certainly need a break sometimes...like today!
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

It's defo much quieter this year, don't know why, I have been camming for about 18 months and I could easily make £50 in a few hours but now I really struggle. I have to do free too now which I didn't alway have to do before.
Come check out my profile
Or if you fancy a threesome click here

See my updates on Twitter @jayzee77cam
Some of the changes in the industry is the exposure to the job, from tv shows and movies drawing attraction to it we now have record amounts of performers. Although with this there is also alot more clients.

If you click the webcam page on AW you can see theres money going around and people getting work, trouble is theres more performers so the money is being spread thinner, you have to up your game in this market where as before there was less performers and life was easy.
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
Lets see how things change over time...the economy may pick up one day and provide other work alternatives and not all new comers will stay the course, especially those doing this purely because they can't find any other source of income, as opposed to us natural exhibitionists Tongue

I always did do free preview but I do it less now with not being quite so busy...I dip in and out as I feel and feature hourly all the same...I think the "now you see me...now you don't" thing works sometimes too! Doing free preview gets tiring after a while and I start to feel like a piece of meat if all they're doing is watching for free, which is when I take control of my room and if guys don't have the manners to even say hello, or they say hello but then go quiet for a long period, I boot them. The ones who throw the tired old line "if you flash your tits I'll take you into private" (seriously, does anyone fall for that?!) get reminded of the statement at the top of their chat box that says they are not to ask to see me naked...or I laugh and ask if anyone ever falls for that! Twirling I do when and if I feel like it...the ones who demand it rather than ask nicely get ignored. The ones who forget to say "please" get asked what the magic word is! Once in paid though (within reason) I'm all theirs.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

Thanks for your replies. After my moaning and feeling disheartened I did approx 3 and 1/2 hours and made 338 credits lol. panic over - for now xx
I had a good day too yesterday! Fingers crossed it holds...maybe we just need that eclipse!
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

Hi I know the feeling! I don't cam full time but recently have noticed a drop in genuine clients, a lot of time wasters and moaners nagging for freebies! I think because I look fairly young they think I'm a bloody idiot! I can't stand free chat but have had to do it a few times so I don't die of boredom! I cannot cope with the disrespectful twats and the guys who seem to just come on to berate me for being flat chested & skinny! I noticed a lot of the girls who show their face on their profile seem to do much better (for obvious reasons) and I considered doing this... but I really like my privacy too as I'm hoping to be a teacher one day. I think it's a case of keeping your chin up and fingers crossed you'll have a good night. I was doing terrible and then one of my old regulars who I thought had forgotten about me turned up and stayed in private for an hour! It made my weekend Smile