Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Internet connection = Quality
Prolly not really relevant to your question, CK, but my mobile dongle reduces image quality with slow connections. Sounds like something is doing the same sort of thing on your lappy, but I wouldn't know what...
(20-10-2011, 16:06)davidseven Wrote:
(20-10-2011, 13:39)CurvaceousKate Wrote: So why is lolo's new banner grainy on this laptop at home and clear when at the apartment? Mind you, my son has told me several times that we are getting a rubbish reading with talk talk, so maybe it will be better when we get Orange, as they promise to provide a minimum of 13.5mb.
It may be that if the connection is slow its trying to conserve bandwidth by dropping frames or resolution, although lolo's banner was behaving oddly yesterday and had a horizontal scroll bar, as the content was too long for the window at one time.

Hi David, I also noticed this when viewing it on my phone. I think what causes that is the forum resizes itself to fit the screen, but doesnt resize the images.

I have seen this before on gaming forums. Its a forum setting that can be changed, but I actually find the way it is makes moving around the forum easier if it resizes itself, I can deal with only half a banner while I am on a smaller screen.
Kate I just found this for Vodaphone, not sure what you are using but might be the same issue:

Poor Image Quality On Vodaphone Mobile
First thing to check is what is the resolution of the screen seat at?
LCD screens have a native resolution, at settings higher or lower than this make the picture fuzzy or distorted.

Try right click>display settings>resolution (sometimes display settings might say graphics options it depends on the drivers)
There will be a little slider, and it will have different options (like 640x480, 800x600, 1440,900 etc)
Try moving it to the top and press apply
The screen will flicker, and a dialogue box will open asking if you want to keep the settings. If it looks better click yes, if not say no and try the next setting until you find the one that is best for you.
Don't worry if the screen goes black and stays black, that means you have selected a resolution the monitor is incapable of displaying. The dialogue box will still be there, but you won't be able to see it. However if you don't press the yes button in 10 seconds the resolution goes back to it's last setting that worked.

Let me know how you get on after trying that

Hi Kate
I too have noticed that when I am away from my home broadband the resolution of pictures is definitely not as good, so I would think that if you viewing pictures through a browser, the quality of the picture is controlled by the browser to keep the speed up as far as possible.

Although I was a techie up until six years ago, I don't know how browsers work, but I am pretty sure that they do some sort of optimisation, which would explain the difference in quality you're getting.
I just want to have fun Tongue