Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

'Prostitute' or 'Prossie' - What are your feelings about these words...
[quote='sophieofyork' pid='34909' dateline='1329343639']
I quite like the word PROSTITUTE and commonly refer to myself as such, (or a filthy whore- depending on my mood) however when someone else was to use such a term it is usually done as a negative, and nobody has the right to put me down without my permission.
Hi Sophie, well put!!!!
I think that punters and wgs know that the word prostitute is just a job description and stops with work. in no way does it describe the person. Unfortunately, people outside of punters and wgs use the word much like a branding iron. Describing a person as a prostitute is judgemental, unjust and bigoted.
A prostitute exchanges physical and or mental experiences for money and or favour. Society rates this as sordid, low esteem and largely unacceptable.
A psychologist practising in sex therapy exchanges physical and or mental theories and answers for money. Society rates this as healthy, high esteem and acceptable.
I know who i'd rather see,

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Prostitute' or 'Prossie' - What are your feelings about these words... - by simo22 - 16-02-2012, 11:21

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'If you don't take a job as a prostitute, we can stop your benefits' kitana Syn 1 8,226 03-01-2012, 20:50
Last Post: kitana Syn