Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Toyboy lover
(14-10-2011, 18:06)monty69 Wrote: Luckily the admin lady was around to correct them for me!!!

I just feel pathetic today, cant sleep well at night and just generally need taking out shooting! Where is Mr Smith when you need him??

I might feel a lot better with 12 hours sleep but lucky to get 4 at the moment.

Anyways, will someone oblige by giving me a boot up the backside - cant put up with this. Need to get on, things to do etc etc!!

MONTY, GET ON WITH IT YOU LAZY OIK!

Is that a good start in the 'boot' department? LOL.

Actually, I think I quite enjoyed a good shout for a change! Tongue
[Image: 907Digger.png]
Just here for the Banter!
It is amazing how you do get some juvenile 20 somethings texting/email in that disgusting txt tok ! I don't even reply to them. It's not just bored schoolboys that do it.
Contact me on 07591889797 for any details of services.
(14-10-2011, 20:36)Lady_Lust_XXX Wrote: It is amazing how you do get some juvenile 20 somethings texting/email in that disgusting txt tok ! I don't even reply to them. It's not just bored schoolboys that do it.

I have to say it was for exactly that reason that I was a late-comer to texting, despite being a solid techie at heart. It wasn't until I got a phone that had all the keys for all the letters of the alphabet, but it still takes me ages to do a text, because I have to get all the grammar and punctuation right before I can send it - how anal is that?
I just want to have fun Tongue
(14-10-2011, 22:49)Poshprat Wrote:
(14-10-2011, 20:36)Lady_Lust_XXX Wrote: It is amazing how you do get some juvenile 20 somethings texting/email in that disgusting txt tok ! I don't even reply to them. It's not just bored schoolboys that do it.

I have to say it was for exactly that reason that I was a late-comer to texting, despite being a solid techie at heart. It wasn't until I got a phone that had all the keys for all the letters of the alphabet, but it still takes me ages to do a text, because I have to get all the grammar and punctuation right before I can send it - how anal is that?

I am with you Posh - and how annoying is predictive texting. Drives me up the wall.
I think predictive texting is an invention of the devil. It ranks alongside Autocorrect which Apple devices have in abundance. The number of times I have taken down notes on my iPad, then failed to realise that it didn't like the perfectly good word I wrote and arbitrarily changed it to something else. Of course I frequently don't notice this until hours later when I am trying to remember what on earth I was trying to say when i wrote the note.

Grammar checking is also another horror - why oh why does Word insist that the plural of "Staff" is "Staffs". If I was talking about long pointy things to hurt people with the plural would be "staves" but when I am frequently talking about the personnel in a company it is always "Staff" - Sorry I didn't realise quite how much that annoys me!
Can't you just turn off predictive texting, or customise your dictionary? I'm not in the Apple world, but it would seem very odd if you couldn't.
(15-10-2011, 03:46)SassyAnn Wrote: Can't you just turn off predictive texting, or customise your dictionary? I'm not in the Apple world, but it would seem very odd if you couldn't.

You would have thought it could be turned off wouldn't you, and following your comment I thought I'd have a go through the options on my iPad - sadly there doesn't appear to be any option to turn off the summary replacement of words, I just have to be vigilant to it happening!
(15-10-2011, 23:30)Poshprat Wrote:
(15-10-2011, 03:46)SassyAnn Wrote: Can't you just turn off predictive texting, or customise your dictionary? I'm not in the Apple world, but it would seem very odd if you couldn't.

You would have thought it could be turned off wouldn't you, and following your comment I thought I'd have a go through the options on my iPad - sadly there doesn't appear to be any option to turn off the summary replacement of words, I just have to be vigilant to it happening!
predictive text can be turned off on the ipad

try settings>general>auto-correction

Thanks for the advice - however I have just upgraded it to IOS5 and the option is under keyboard, which I had stupidly discounted as probably being the place to change to a foreign keyboard layout.

I have now switched off auto-correction, which will be a tremendous relief. Thanks again.
You are welcome