Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Mail order brides
There has been a lot on the news about mail order brides over the last few days and as it is sort of similar to paying for sex I wonder what your thoughts are on the subject?
my neighbour is a mail order bride little fillipino she's gorgeous when she was learning english she told everyone that her hubby bought her
Did she say how much?
lol no but u got the feeling her OH wanted her to stay at home all the time
Remember being in a restaurant a few years ago there was a guy probably in his mid fifties with a young possibly thai girl who looked about 20 and what we assumed where his parents , the poor girl couldnt move every time she got up to go to the toilet the mother followed her couldnt help feeling a bit sorry for her really plus you could tell the whole restaurant was sneeking peeks and whispering about them
(21-09-2011, 17:46)Emily of Halifax Wrote: the poor girl couldnt move every time she got up to go to the toilet the mother followed her

Waiting for a male comment to say women always go to the toilet together....

I can imagine any male "buying" a bride would feel insecure about letting her out of his sight.

Is it Right or wrong? I think you have to look at what they all get out of it, yes the girl is being brought but I believe she does have a choice, there is time to get to know the guy, unlike arranged marriages. The girls are also from a different culture where they are more subservient and will love and respect the man they marry, as long as it is reciprocated.

Are there any figures on how many of these type of marriages fail?

Sarah
ting tong long dong,.....

that is all lol
http://www.adultwork.com/1015568

BORN TO LOSE, LIVE TO WIN, TOO FAST TO LIVE, TOO YOUNG TO DIE

I need a mail order bf / hubby! Smile
I have to be honest here and admit I am a bit confussed for a start who gets the money if a man was to purchase a mail order bride.

If it does not go to the bride but to her organisers or parents does that not make it some sort of slavery.

I have a feeling because of the culture a lot of ladies do this sort of thing willingly and only a small percentage actually want to do it.
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

At one time in my life I did consider the merits of a 'mail order' wife but, as Freddo points out, you couldnt be sure who got the money. One thing you could be sure of was that the 'bride' didnt get it. I guess it mainly went to the agent and the rest went to the guardians/parents.

I didnt persue that line of quest for very long, and am pleased I didnt. I also did wonder about going to the Far East to cut out the middle man (so to speak!) but didnt do that either. Glad I didnt as I reckon I would have been caught out as well and ended up being used by some gold digger!

It does seem popular so it must work for some - but like Sarah asks, it would be interesting to know the percentage of these arrangements that fail. Probably not as high as we might expect.