Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Disgraceful how could anyone
(26-07-2011, 10:19)monty69 Wrote: Cruelty to animals is just appalling and it really pains me when you see such sights. I am a great believer of neutering pets so they cannot breed - we are over run with cats and dogs, as well as other animals for pets. Clearly those puppies were unwanted and no doubt both parents are in the same house. I am afraid that too many people are ignorant and wont do something about the problems. It doesnt help that Staffies are considered a status symbol by too many people. Watching undercover boss last week, they featured the Blue Cross and they highlighted the problems with too many dogd and cats being about.

The status symbol thing really gets me in halifax at the minute it is Japanese Akitas that are becoming popular especially with the young male asian community it is so obvious that it is look at me look what i have as asians are well known for not being dog lovers.

Its a good job my house is no bigger otherwise I would end up having a mini zoo thing going on with all the local waiffs and strays.I had to put my foot down the other day when the oh wanted to bring in a scraggy stray cat

had too google them emily to see what they looked like, what kind f nature do those dogs have
They are quite similar to wolves/huskies but like any dog it depends on how you rear them look at mine when we walk them I have seen grown men turn and walk in the opposite direction because they look so intimidating especially the male but they are the 2 most loving soft dogs you can imagine which is very surprising considering the start that they had in life.
that is very true
I saw that Undercover boss on the Blue Cross aswell what an amazing job they do.
I think you are right a lot of those owners could afford to go to the vets and pay.
Its a shame about staffis its a massive problem and no one seems to be able to rehouse them either

Any cruelty to animals is cowardly and very nasty
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

Totally agree Freddo
Lets face dogs are only a problem if they havent been brought up properly. Abused dogs are about the most dangerous animal you can have without a licence. Granted a lot of abused dogs have gone the other way and cower away, but plenty turn into vicious animals that can only be put down for their own good.
It really pains me that so many people can get away with abusing their dogs and cats + horses as well, yet only a very small proportion get prosecuted.
Its such a shame Monty as animals have so much love and loyalty to give when we got the dogs the girl litterally cowered and shook but in the couple of months that we have had them she has totally changed and is so much more outgoing now and has actually learnt how to play
I can't watch anything about animal cruelty as it makes my blood boil. I have an 8 year old lab cross and and African Grey parrot. I wanted to move to New Zealand as I have family over there but my parrot wouldn't be able to go and I couldn't go with out him Big Grin
(26-07-2011, 13:18)darkstranger Wrote: I can't watch anything about animal cruelty as it makes my blood boil. I have an 8 year old lab cross and and African Grey parrot. I wanted to move to New Zealand as I have family over there but my parrot wouldn't be able to go and I couldn't go with out him Big Grin

DS, you will have sail down to New Zealand then - just see you in a Pirate's costume Big Grin

Seriously though, had you considered going by boat or is it that you are not allowed to take parrots into New Zealand??