Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

What is tax deductible? Manicures? Cosmetic surgery?
I am about to start declaring my income and paying Self Employed NICs etc. AW is my only income.

Obviously I want to pay as little tax as possible, now the reason I do this is so that I can afford the treats I miss from when I had a well paid job, and I like to make an effort so can I claim facials (not the sperm kind), skincare & beauty products, manicures, pedicures, false tan or even cosmetic surgery (considering a boob job) as tax deductible expenses? As well as any toys/lingerie bought to use for work. Surely in this line of work appearance is important, so how much can we get away with before the Inland Revenue get too curious? Guessing I can't reclaim VAT as we don't charge any VAT (or does AW include any VAT in our fees?), but if I can I will reclaim VAT too.

I have run a business before so am fairly familiar with doing my own accounts and just handing them to an accountant at the end of the year, but not sure if I'd even need to do that for this.

Messages In This Thread
What is tax deductible? Manicures? Cosmetic surgery? - by Diva Gina - 28-04-2014, 20:38