Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Eastern European women being trafficked
(25-10-2014, 15:31)Mark_Andrews Wrote: This view of trafficing still to this day confuses me! - most of these women are here because they want to be! - and because they choose to do this job. It pays more than so many of the other jobs out there.

Trafficking:- most commonly for the purpose of sexual slavery, forced labor or commercial sexual exploitation for the trafficker or others. If you visit a girl who is working, she will not usually let on she is being forced as she may get punished.

There are many people that take the view that there are thousands of girls working as prostitutes in the UK who are doing so against their own free will. This is why they wish to make it ilegal to pay for sex, to protect the thousands of girls being forced into being prostitutes.

The mere mention of Eastern European girls can bring this assumption to be spoken, and, as with many things the more people who mention it the more people who believe it is true and will tell others, and so the myth continues and is passed on. But there is little evidence to show the true figures.

However, there are probably girls that are forced to sell sex as there are girls that are coerced into doing so, by boyfriends, husbands, lovers. I have known girls that have been coerced and they would not have done sex work without persuasion by partners. After the relationship ended, the girls stopped working.

There are many Easter European girls that work together and travel the country, they are usually organised by another individual and all expenses, hotel bookings, travel arrangements are paid for by the manager. As with any business, they have to make a profit and if the girls are willing to work and are happy doing what they do, there is no harm done.

I have worked in hotels at the same time as Easter European girls and, the ones I saw, seemed quite happy to be there and seemed to be able to leave the hotel for a smoke beak and go shopping as they pleased. Again, if they were being forced it could be said that they may have family back home that may have been hurt should they run off. But who really knows?

Sarah x x x

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eatern European women being trafficked - by xKatieBabyx - 25-10-2014, 10:37
RE: Eatern European women being trafficked - by sarahxxx - 25-10-2014, 16:39
RE: Eastern European women being trafficked - by xKatieBabyx - 15-12-2014, 23:47