AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Sunday roasts R us...
Meat is so sodding expensive isn't it!
Come check out my profile
Or if you fancy a threesome click here

See my updates on Twitter @jayzee77cam
Yes I do tend to buy it when there is a special offer on or the counter where things need to be eaten as they are near their sell buy date. You can get some real bargains then. The last joint I bought was £7 and that was half price! It was lovely though, we had the last of it yesterday, so it's all gone now.
i prefer using all the local farmshops for meats
(19-07-2011, 19:14)MrSmith767 Wrote:
(19-07-2011, 12:51)monty69 Wrote: Well one of the things on offer at the weekend was a lovely spit roast - yum yum! I like that sort of roast.
I was wondering how long this post could last before diverting from cookery to spit roasting.....

Lol MrS - but we did have a spit roast over the weekend - a hog roast Big Grin

Yum yum
(20-07-2011, 10:09)monty69 Wrote: Lol MrS - but we did have a spit roast over the weekend - a hog roast Big Grin

Yum yum

remember my sis telling me they went for a barby at a couple local to them in germany, where they had a hog spit roasting, they were just about to help themselves when the police arrived arrested the couple & confiscated the hog

seemingly in some parts over there its illegal to kill those animals
(20-07-2011, 10:18)lolo Wrote:
(20-07-2011, 10:09)monty69 Wrote: Lol MrS - but we did have a spit roast over the weekend - a hog roast Big Grin

Yum yum

remember my sis telling me they went for a barby at a couple local to them in germany, where they had a hog spit roasting, they were just about to help themselves when the police arrived arrested the couple & confiscated the hog

seemingly in some parts over there its illegal to kill those animals

Bloody hell, I would have been livid if it had been taken away before I had a chance to have a portion! Nothing worse than having my food taken away Big Grin except perhaps the bar closing.
There's a local hill farmer up here who does spit roasts at all the events. Lush!

We also have a continental market once in a while. There is a stall that sells German hotdogs etc. The sausages are cooked on a MASSIVE round grill, but what I love is the Heath Robinson mechanism that they have in place to lower the grill and raise it from the coals. It's too cool - and probably an insult to call it Heath Robinson.
I would love one like that for my garden!
DrC loves doing BBQ's now we have a gas BBQ it is quite nice as we dont get quite so much charcoal lol!
Come check out my profile
Or if you fancy a threesome click here

See my updates on Twitter @jayzee77cam
When my Dad lived in England, he had a specially dedicated wheelbarrow, just for BBQs. When it started to rain, we'd wheel the BBQ into the garage! It was such a good idea, as our bbqs were very frequent and normally for enormous gatherings!
(20-07-2011, 14:39)SassyAnn Wrote: When my Dad lived in England, he had a specially dedicated wheelbarrow, just for BBQs. When it started to rain, we'd wheel the BBQ into the garage! It was such a good idea, as our bbqs were very frequent and normally for enormous gatherings!

Sound idea that - manys the time I have stood out with a large umbrella doing the cooking in the rain - seemed part of the fun of it though Big Grin