Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Cheque not turned up
One of my credits cheques hasn't turned up... it's about 8 weeks late now. My post is usually fine and this is the only cheque that's gone missing. Nothing I can do though is there :/
I believe you can ask for a replacement and I think the cost is 50 credits...I don't use the cheque system but someone else could confirm.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
From http://www.adultwork.com/dlgKBArticle.as...icleID=186

"When you instruct us to cancel an administration charge of 50 credits will be applied to cover the charges the bank impose on us to stop a cheque.

If you cancel then once we receive confirmation from the bank that your cheque has been cancelled your account will be re-credited with the original transfer amount minus the administration charge.

If you want to request your cheque be cancelled then please fill in the cancellation form here"
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
Whilst I appreciate the fact you can have the monies paid direct into your account in Euros, which is then subject to your banks exchange rate, doesn't the above problem just empathise the fact that the facility to have your money paid straight into your account in Sterling all the more important.
As for the RIP OFF CHARGE of 50 Euros to replace it - Disgusting!!!
Cheques are now an old fashioned payment method - I can't even remember the last time I wrote one out!!!
Time to move with the times AW??!!
AW know its important to have a UK-UK transfer, Im sure its quite a complicated matter and one that cannot be undertaken as easy as its wrote. There have been a few failed attempts already at setting it up.

Cheque cancellation is 50 credits, we have no info on how this fee is split up, calling it disgusting with no facts around it is abit of a premature observation. It can also not be called a rip off as we have no idea how much it costs AW to do this, for all we know the cost price of this service could be £50 (which it isnt as that would lose them money).

Cheques are still widely used, because you dont use them doesnt mean others dont, if AW dropped cheques tomorrow you can be sure there will be alot of compliants coming in.

AW have other methods of payments including the uptodate pre-paid mastercards/Payoneer which others can use.

Cheques are still a modern day payment option and arent being taken away from the public anytime soon. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14122129

adultworkbanner4
(03-08-2012, 15:39)Admin Wrote: AW know its important to have a UK-UK transfer, Im sure its quite a complicated matter and one that cannot be undertaken as easy as its wrote. There have been a few failed attempts already at setting it up.

Cheque cancellation is 50 credits, we have no info on how this fee is split up, calling it disgusting with no facts around it is abit of a premature observation. It can also not be called a rip off as we have no idea how much it costs AW to do this, for all we know the cost price of this service could be £50 (which it isnt as that would lose them money).

Cheques are still widely used, because you dont use them doesnt mean others dont, if AW dropped cheques tomorrow you can be sure there will be alot of compliants coming in.

AW have other methods of payments including the uptodate pre-paid mastercards/Payoneer which others can use.

Cheques are still a modern day payment option and arent being taken away from the public anytime soon. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14122129

Really surprised at your response!!! But You are totally wrong!!!

It's not that difficult to pay directly in to a UK account. I already take payments in Sterling from abroad, direct in to my account.

You say you have a breakdown of the 50 Euro Charge - then please be good enough to share it with the Forum.

You seem to miss the point that surely it should be part of the remit to make sure the cheque hasn't been cashed first!!!

Cheques just mean that the payer 'hangs-on' to the money in their account for that much longer.

If you can pay by Cheque then you can pay by Direct Transfer!!!

Not hard really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(04-08-2012, 00:46)MichelleSins Wrote: Really surprised at your response!!! But You are totally wrong!!!

It's not that difficult to pay directly in to a UK account. I already take payments in Sterling from abroad, direct in to my account.

And because you take payments in Sterling already this means it should be easy for AW to send you them? Even with our service it took 2 years to find a bank and bank manager willing to support us. I really dont know what experience you have in this field.

(04-08-2012, 00:46)MichelleSins Wrote: You say you have a breakdown of the 50 Euro Charge - then please be good enough to share it with the Forum.

Never said I had it, I did say "we have no info on how this fee is split up" meaning you me and the rest of the board. My post also corrected yours saying its 50 credits, not 50 euros.

(04-08-2012, 00:46)MichelleSins Wrote: You seem to miss the point that surely it should be part of the remit to make sure the cheque hasn't been cashed first!!!

Cheques just mean that the payer 'hangs-on' to the money in their account for that much longer.

Didnt know this point was brought up, in the help article its mentioned "once we receive confirmation from the bank that your cheque has been cancelled" which I would assume confirmation is given because the cheque hasnt been cashed.

AW dont hang on to the funds for longer, they pay Chexx for it before the cheque has been posted. Even if the cheque did come from AW directly I dont think 2-3 days of holding onto funds is a positive thing, more likely to be a negative as their numbers would always be 2-3 days behind, money in their account that isnt theirs.

(04-08-2012, 00:46)MichelleSins Wrote: If you can pay by Cheque then you can pay by Direct Transfer!!!

Not hard really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this a set rule for all companies? we pay by Direct transfer ourselves but not cheque, we must be wrong aswell.

Dont know how you can say "Not hard really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with no knowledge or experience in that sector, also no need to shout.

adultworkbanner4
I dont know many places that will actually accept cheques as a form of payment these days, my work place not longer accepts them, everything is wired or card.
Come check out my profile
Or if you fancy a threesome click here

See my updates on Twitter @jayzee77cam