AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justcamit Disconnects
Sad 
Hey everyone,

I don't know if it is just me who has this problem, but my JustCamIt keeps on disconnecting all of the time. I have superfast broadband and my internet connection to my computer never drops, but JustCamIt keeps on disconnecting!

I have even worked out of hotels with my friend and we purchase the premium superfast hotel wifi that we pay extra for, but despite all of that, my JustCamIt still disconnects! And this happens all the time! Even when my friend is connected to the same connection and her cam never disconnects at all!

I thought maybe it could be my computer (which is a bit of a long shot anyway) so I have tried multiple computers, and it still happens! It could be disconnecting once or twice an hour, to once or twice every 10 minutes and I cannot for the life of me understand why.

I have a new iMac, a new MacBook and a new Laptop, and it happens on ALL 3 devices, at home and in hotels, despite having superfast broadband in all locations and a strong wifi signal as I'm never too far from the router.

And I can't help but think that this issue also has an effect on clients coming into my room. Not only does it disconnect people when I am in my cam with them, but I cant help but think it is somehow probably stopping people from coming into my room as well, which I can kinda see happening before my eyes when I see dozens of girls in group and private, and me sat at home pulling my hair out, wondering what the hell is going on with this ridiculous disconnection problem! Sad

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? And is there anyone out there that might possibly understand why it is happening and what I can do about it?

Thanks for reading my essay lol, any help or comments are greatly appreciated.

Lucy xxx
Lucy White
x  x  x
Hi,

I'm having the same issue sometimes, it was happening every 10 minutes a few weeks back but recently dropped down to only once or twice each time I'm logged in
Not sure why though. Have you tried logging in to their website rather then the software? Something I will be trying if it starts to happen more often again
Xx
(09-10-2016, 18:26)Mia_Starlight Wrote: Hi,

I'm having the same issue sometimes, it was happening every 10 minutes a few weeks back but recently dropped down to only once or twice each time I'm logged in
Not sure why though. Have you tried logging in to their website rather then the software? Something I will be trying if it starts to happen more often again
Xx

Thanks for your reply Mia Smile

Thats a good point, the website is worth a try, although I would rather use the JustCamIt software because it allows us to speak with people on smartphones and tablets as well, whereas the website login doesn't allow us to do that Sad not at the moment anyway, so it 's a bit of a catch 22. Login on the website and only be able to speak with people on their computers, but have a connection that doesn't drop and disconnect as much... Or login through JustCamIt, speak with everyone whether they are on computer, smartphone or tablet, but have this constant disconnection problem. Nightmare!

Thanks for replying though, I really don't know what to do though, I despair! Sad xxx
Lucy White
x  x  x
Hey Lucy,

I didn't realise you couldn't use website if you want users to be able to view on phones or tablets, I've not used it as yet but not had any issues (touch wood) with disconnecting today xx
This seems an obvious question..... but is your laptop plugged in to the mains?

When I cam on my relatively new upgraded laptop, with a fully charged battery, I frequently have low bandwidth and get disconnected.
When I switch the power on at the mains the whole system improves.
I clearly spoke to soon! disconnected 5 times in the last 10 minutes! Sad

the whole time I've been on the sofa with the laptop not plugged in so it could be that! recently ive been in another room with it plugged in most of the time!

I cant see how the charger will be improving the bandwidth but it could be I suppose - will do some digging and see Wink
xx
Just tested it and figured it out ...I think
the FPS drops when the laptop is unplugged and goes red just before it disconnects.
I just changed my power options (right click on the battery icon on the taskbar and select power options, click on the change plan options just by the balanced option and move the screen brightness on the unplugged side up to the same as it is on the plugged in side and save)
since I've done this the FPS has not dropped at all (probably too soon to see if it will stop it from disconnecting though but so far so good)
it will probably mean the battery wont last as long but hopefully it will stop it from constantly disconnecting!
ive not disconnecting once today since i changed my power settings last night Wink
(11-10-2016, 20:50)Mia_Starlight Wrote: ive not disconnecting once today since i changed my power settings last night Wink

Hey Mia,

Thank you for all of your replies and information on this.

Regarding the battery issue, its interesting. I don't think it will work for me though unfortunately, as my FPS doesn't ever really drop Sad Thats brilliant its worked for you though Smile

Since the other day I have begun connecting directly to my router via ethernet cable, but the connection drop outs still happen, so its not a wifi issue either Sad

Basically, JustCamIt, Adultwork and everything to do with their systems seem to just be absolutely rubbish lately Sad

I have another, bigger issue now though... My cam isnt letting anyone come in my room! It either gives them a black screen, or comes up with an error saying "socket error ####" Sad

I DESPAIR Sad Feel like im banging my head against a brick wall Sad

xxx
Lucy White
x  x  x
(14-10-2016, 17:31)LucyWhite Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 20:50)Mia_Starlight Wrote: ive not disconnecting once today since i changed my power settings last night Wink

Hey Mia,

Thank you for all of your replies and information on this.

Regarding the battery issue, its interesting. I don't think it will work for me though unfortunately, as my FPS doesn't ever really drop Sad Thats brilliant its worked for you though Smile

Since the other day I have begun connecting directly to my router via ethernet cable, but the connection drop outs still happen, so its not a wifi issue either Sad

Basically, JustCamIt, Adultwork and everything to do with their systems seem to just be absolutely rubbish lately Sad

I have another, bigger issue now though... My cam isnt letting anyone come in my room! It either gives them a black screen, or comes up with an error saying "socket error ####" Sad

I DESPAIR Sad Feel like im banging my head against a brick wall Sad

xxx

I've experienced this "socket error" message too and got it resolved very quickly.

I'm not in the least bit techy so basically followed the instructions of my techy friend over the phone.
It was a problem with my firewall!!

I uninstalled Justcamit, did a systems clean up, re-installed it,,,,,, and  Miracle it worked!!!

Also, try disconnecting your router and then leaving it for a few minutes before reconnecting if you get disconnection problems.
You will be reconnected to another server.

Hope this helps. xx
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to English-Caroline for this post:
  • LucyWhite

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ANYONE ELSE GETTING ERROR MESSAGE AND DIRECTCAM DISCONNECTS ? country-gal1984 2 1,884 27-06-2022, 15:19
Last Post: country-gal1984