Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

workout corner
I'm just trying to improve overall fitness, I go to a circuit session twice a week, and then have 2 nights in the gym myself. My sessions are either 10k's on the x-trainer (in about 50 mins) or 20mins on the x-trainer trying to keep within 10% of 10kph while increasing the resistance every 1 minute until I drop out of the 10% zone. then I back the resistance off to zero, rest for a minute and do it again.

Then it's on the rower, 500m, then a minute rest, repeated 6 times.

Think it is starting to work though

I've only been for my induction and caught a cold!

Bearing in mind I have done no exercise for about 10 years, at the induction I did
10 mins bike
10 mins arc trainer
I had to achieve a certain level of rpm on these and almost gave up on the arc trainer but wasn't allowed to.
Bi cep and tri cep curls with weights (all the following were 3 sets of 20 reps)
Plank
Swiss ball sit ups
A yoga move where you clench your core muscles and hold alternate legs out
push in with your knees machine thing
push out with your knees machine thing
push out with both feet machine thing
Can't remember other floor exercises
Warm down with 10mins on treadmill - should have been 20.

I also expressed an interest in the trampoline and was told we'd include that another time, but we'd use it in conjunction with weights. This pt is very keen on weights and suggested I get ankle weights for home. Mmmm

The gym is for bodybuilders and you have to walk past them to get out of the building.. Eeek.

i found before the accident with the kbs i didnt need to do cardio it gave me the full workout i wanted, must say there is a difference with the quality of kbs dragon door being the best

running, jogging, cycling, bore me cant swim either

so cant wait till get started again, want to change from a pear shape balance everything out, learn the bags correctly, thats why im willing to come down to eastbourne as he is the top uk kb & bag trainer
Gyms are great...then you start to break. Keep it up long enough and you will experience pain and injuries.
Gents take your fish oils to keep your testosterone up which is depleted with training regimes. Last thing you need; Rock hard bod, soft floppy nob.
God I hate that!

Lolo, the pt showed me the boxing room that had loads of bags and kettlebells. She said we'll move onto those at a later stage. She did let me hug a bag. Apparently it's a legitimate exercise - before anyone starts telling me I'm desperate. Which I am.
i made that mistake before ann the PT had only done so much training with them, so thats why im going for someone who would never dream of making me do what she did causing injury, someone who teaches it all day everyday
Cos it's a bodybuilder gym, I think they do allsorts.

I reckon you should sue your trainer - I can't believe all the problems it's caused you!
If she's a qualified trainer she must have professional indemnity insurance or some such.
here is what happened joined 1st week jan paid 750 for personal training up front, gym had no kbs took down all of mine, after 3rd session was the accident resulting in losing 95% of the colon 10% stomach 90% pancreas & my half kidney solidified from drinking to much water before the op, march that year got a letter saying gym went bust tried ringing her mobile no answer

then few month later she contacted me saying oh u still have your sessions & i have the kbs let me know when your ready, kept in contact every week till couple month ago my son wanted to use the sessions couldnt get hold of her, the guy on the phone said didnt know who i waas talking about

my kbs cost me 800, so wasnt happy, i see a client who is a trainer in glasgow, he found out this woman had been trying to sell them i went to the police, eventually got them back found out then she had no insurance nothing
Oh god Lolo. Did you pay for the sessions on your credit card.... would they be jointly liable?
I'm sure you've looked into it all thoroughly. It's just awful.
i paid everything cash whidh on reflection annoys the fuck out of me, i know she signed a invoice for the 750 though, so im still trying to recover 600 for the sessions i never got