• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Status : -2147012894 - msxml6.dll - The operation timed out
What does this mean?

xx
I have this too, I hope its up nd running soon
It means it is non too happy...

I have just been on the site and found it to be very slow and keep timing out

Sarah x x x
It means someone developer has decided to use Microsoft's DOM XML parser to read XML somewhere.

If it's a very large amount of XML then this is not the best way read it, as DOM has to load the entire document into memory.

That it timed out suggests it is streaming the XML in and whilst waiting for some more data it timed out?
(I am personally not a great fan of anything relating to Microsoft's COM components, nor usage of XML in anything other than relative small configuration files, and for sending the responses to queries over internet requests, use JSON format and only send back a limited number of results at a time).
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to knight_rupert for this post:
  • admin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Cam It - Server Status : Cannot Connect to Server JoiBleu 4 9,113 21-02-2017, 20:05
Last Post: JoiBleu
  JustCamIt - Server Status : Cannot Connect to Server SubMissKate 10 20,679 30-09-2016, 23:21
Last Post: chileangoddess
  The operation timed out and then can not connect on JCI pech2 4 7,972 13-03-2014, 03:38
Last Post: 1hornylass