Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JUSTCAMIT ENCODER HAS STOPPED WORKING
MORNNING ALL ,  WELL TODAY I LOGGED IN TO DIRECTCAM AND MANAGED TO HAVE A PRIVATE WITHOUT ANY HITCHES BUT THEN AFTERWARDS WHEN OTHER GUYS CAMES INTO FREEVIEW I KEPT GETTING THIS MESSAGE "JUSTCAMIT ENCODER NEEDS TO CLOSE" "Windows has encountered an error " and now i'm back on justcamit lite which is no where near as high quality , ive had to reduce my video size down xxxx

I've contacted AW about this are any of you lasses having this issue still ?

kisses country-gal xxx
THIS EMAIL WAS SENT FROM AN UNMONITORED EMAIL ACCOUNT - DO NOT REPLY
Reply via: http://www.adultwork.com/Ask

Hello

Thank you for your email.

We are not aware of any current issues with JustCamit

To get the most of out of DirectCam using the JustCamIt video broadcasting software requires you to have a good computer, good webcam and good Internet connection.

Whilst most ISPs regularly quote their download speeds as being things like "10 meg", "20 meg", "super fast" etc., the download speed is pretty much irrelevant. When sending video from your computer to the Internet it is the upload speed that is key. This is normally a fraction of the download speed. In order to provide good video quality and audio your upload speed must be at least 512Kbps.

Test your upload and download speed at http://www.speedtest.net/

You should also bear in mind that other computers on your home network will be sharing this bandwidth so if they are uploading movies, watching on demand TV, sharing files or torrents etc. then this will use up your bandwidth. Peer to peer networks again will be consuming your upload bandwidth as people are pulling files from your computer. Make sure no other computers are on or using your connection when camming.

Avoid using Wi-Fi wherever possible. If you are using Wi-Fi, make sure there are no other Wi-Fi networks on the same channel in the vicinity, better still, run a cable to your modem and turn Wi-Fi off. If you can't run a cable between your computer and modem you can use your mains wiring with these simple plug-in adaptors.

Always ensure you have proper lighting in the room, especially in front of you.

Turn off face tracking and any other features installed with your webcam software.

Make sure you webcam is using a driver developed by your webcam provider, not a default Microsoft generic webcam driver.

If you are having problems and using cam splitting software, then turn it off and see if the problems go away. Most splitting software does not adhere to the correct guidelines for video streaming. If you have to use one, try ManyCam.

Finally, if problems persist, get in touch using the form that will appear when you click Close Window below. Be sure to cut and paste the "Connection Optimizer Report" that is shown when you first login to JustCamIt and advise what upload/download rates you are getting to a host in Los Angeles from http://www.speedtest.net/ (Zoom and drag the map from your country to the USA.)

To get an understanding of the numbers that appear in the Stats panel within JustCamIt and how all the other options work, read the JustCamIt User Manual, accessible from the JustCamIt Help Menu.

Regards

The AdultWork.com Team

>
>
Hi, I would check windows updates. If the program is crashing then its most likely related to your computer directly. Close any programs that you believe may interfere with JCI and run tests, if it stops crashing then you have found the problem.

Im going for outdated software/updates/drivers and/ or conflicting software, eg video splitters.
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
hi thanks for your kind reply , my pc is up to date , using windows 8 and have been for sometime and don't have anything running in the bckgroud , justcamit version 3.0.8 has been running fine since last couple of days and I even had a twenty minuet private on this before it started crashing again , justcamit lite works fine without any glitches but reduces my video feed , my fibre is sky and has 1.6 upload speed and 18 download , never had issues before but shall get my partner to run some tests and check

thanks again

country-gal
windows ten I meant !!!! I will reinstall justcamit 3.0.8 thanks again
(07-05-2016, 10:40)country-gal Wrote: MORNNING ALL ,  WELL TODAY I LOGGED IN TO DIRECTCAM AND MANAGED TO HAVE A PRIVATE WITHOUT ANY HITCHES BUT THEN AFTERWARDS WHEN OTHER GUYS CAMES INTO FREEVIEW I KEPT GETTING THIS MESSAGE "JUSTCAMIT ENCODER NEEDS TO CLOSE" "Windows has encountered an error " and now i'm back on justcamit lite which is no where near as high quality , ive had to reduce my video size down xxxx

I've contacted AW about this are any of you lasses having this issue still ?

kisses country-gal xxx

Hi Country Girl,

I've been experiencing the exact same problems for the last 10 -14 days.  It's really frustrating me (well actually it's driving me mad)!!. My camming income has dropped by 50%.

I'm using my usual lap top. I've updated the drivers, closed other programmes, and done all the usual stuff. Like you, I'm on a rural connection but it usually works well. In the last 2 weeks I've had problems logging on to Justcamit, I've been frequently disconnected and my bandwidth has been fluctuating. I've also had a black screen and clients have said they can't see me.

I've had more problems with Justcamit in the last two weeks than I've experienced in the last 4 years.
Hope it gets better for you soon hunni.xxx
I feel the problem is a Justcamit problem and not a problem at our end. Hope it gets better for you soon.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to English-Caroline for this post:
  • country-gal
hi darling , please contact AW about this because the more lasses that have issues contact the more likely there to look into the issues. I like you've said thing its an issue with justcamit , ive been using justcamit lite but its not the same quality , Normally and i'm rural like yourself I log on with a 640 *360 widescreen , 30fsp and have nice and clear image with no problems , i'm on windows ten and everything is up to date so its very frustrating , the encoder seems to kick in and shut down when people come into freeview.....

thanks very much for letting me know your in the same boat

kisses country-gal xxxx
(07-05-2016, 18:25)country-gal Wrote: hi darling , please contact AW about this because the more lasses that have issues contact the more likely there to look into the issues. I like you've said thing its an issue with justcamit , ive been using justcamit lite but its not the same quality , Normally and i'm rural like yourself I log on with a 640 *360 widescreen , 30fsp and have nice and clear image with no problems , i'm on windows ten and everything is up to date so its very frustrating , the encoder seems to kick in and shut down when people come into freeview.....

thanks very much for letting me know your in the same boat

kisses country-gal xxxx

Hi Country Girl,

I've contacted them and got the usual reply - that the problem is at my end!! I will contact them again today.
The system is also shutting down as soon as there is more than one person in group - bloody frustrating as my availability for camming is limited due to my workload at home. I can't just jump on cam anytime I fancy so I need to do well when I log on!!

Also have you noticed the customers bandwidths are fluctuating and completely dropping in both freeview and group.
That can only be a Justcamit problem.

Hope it improves for you hunni. xxx
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to English-Caroline for this post:
  • country-gal
oh heck , i'm the same beautiful as in I can only be online at certain times and I need cash atm for my diploma !!! seems to be a bit of a nightmare then ........aye keep contacting them , I will try the normal version this morning , if that fails then justcamit lite, have you tried that hunny ?

kisses xx
arrrgggghhhhhh crashed today with Rugby742 whilst in group

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AW just suddenly stopped working Krista_Sky 3 1,547 06-04-2023, 00:10
Last Post: Krista_Sky
  Justcamit isn't working for me at all... x_yours_truly_x 1 5,475 26-03-2013, 15:05
Last Post: admin