AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT HELP NEEDED
Sad 
Hey Guys

Cam is my full time job and for the last month or two I'm barely clearing anything. The 4 little icons on the front of the screen when you log into AW, only my laptop one is on, the other 3 are off al the time. I have changed my settings so I'm using low bandwidth (cant go any lower) and ive even muted myself so I'm using less but it still is only allowing me to be contacted via the first ICON, THE LAPTOP. Please can you tell me what to do, I have done everything it says and I even bought a new laptop. I am in desperate need to make decent money its a joke, I usually clear around 1500 a week and I'm barely making 20 a day since this new platform has been introduced.

Its now starting to really annoy me to the point where I don't know what to do. There must be something I could do. Also, I don't open anything else whilst I'm camming, I turn the wifi off my phone so its all just for cam. I have the best fibreoptic BT wireless, I cant get any better. They have reset it and everything and its still crap.

Does any one have any ideas (I asked daily pay and they told me to ask here) AngryThank you in advance for any ideas! xx
What new platform is this?

Nothing has changed today that what I can see.
Do you mean you have not got enough bandwidth for mobile and tablet users to connect to you ? Only cam ?
Hello ,

If you are using a Mac book yes access it is restricted to pc only ( again compatibility issues / browser mainly )regardless of how fast your broadband /performant machine (my case scenario I7 and 200 meg broadband) , so for people that direct cam you they will see you as direct cam unsupported provider from smart devices (android /apple) , I am currently using a Mac book and have experienced issues since the new platform launch mid January that is and for that very reason I am now using Windows in bootcamp so that enables me to stream to all smart devices so that all four icons are highlighted green.
 Hope you find this helpful.
Hi, I have a windows laptop so not a MAC. And apologies if I never made myself clear, yes, the 4 green icons is what I meant, its only lighting up the first one, no matter what I do I cant get the last three. What is bootcamp ? ? And further advice would be great. sorry to be a pain I just don't know what to do Sad xx
What is your upload speed? Use www.speedtest.net

And don't rely on just one cam site, join others x
My upload speed is 0.61 MBPS what does that mean? and I don't know of any other sites? What are the best ones?

xx
On one of our work computers here I got http://beta.speedtest.net/result/5282802795

We have around 12 work stations here though so If I turned them all off and just done one it may be higher than that.

Upload result was 14.48MBps

Bootcamp is for Mac users, as you dont have a mac its safe to forget about.

Upload speed is the opposite of your download speed, eg instead of something coming to your pc like a movie, its data thats being sent from your pc to the internet. If not sent fast enough then you'll have low quality and thats the reason those boxes arent turning green.

If internet speed is slow I would suggest using a clip site, eg www.clips4sale.com , good passive income.
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
My upload speed is 3.12 and I don't have any problems.

If your upload speed is that low it might be worth you contacting your service provider again as it sounds as though it is an issue with your internet connection.

I am with virgin media and also have my phone and my tablet, and 2 now tv boxes connected to the internet constantly.

Do you have a wireless router? Have you tried going in to the settings and changing the channel to see if it is a better connection?
Your upload speed is too low to support mobile platforms, you need at least 1.5mbps. If there's any possibility of upgrading your service to infinity or cable, or even asdl2 (still crappy but offers higher speeds than the original in areas where you can't get cable), then do it. Otherwise as mentioned above clips are a good alternative option, along with phone Sex.

This is the AW help article on mobile compatability and requirements in case anybody missed it

Quote:Help Centre Article Close Window

On mobile, when online for DirectCam, why does it say "DirectCam Unsupported" on my Profile?

The DirectCam Platform has the ability to deliver video and audio to smartphones and tablets, such as iPhones, iPads and Android devices.

To support these devices you, as the performer/broadcaster, need additional bandwidth, over and above what is required for your normal video feed for desktop PCs.

For example:

To support iPhones you need 600 Kbps extra.

To support iPads you need 350 Kbps

To support Android devices you need 300 Kbps

So, when you login, look at your "Connection Optimizer Report" and understand what it is telling you.

Add 'Video Bandwidth' and 'Audio Bandwidth' together, then take that away from 'Upload Bandwidth'.

That leaves your additional available bandwidth. Depending on how much you have left over, will determine which smartphones/tablets you feed is compatible with.

If you don't have a connection capable of supporting all the devices you can tweak the bandwidth you output from your main video feed via the JustCamIt "Video Settings" menu. If you reduce your video and audio quality slightly, that will in turn reduce your bandwidth output, allowing more of it to be free for smartphone/tablet devices.

The problem with that however, is that you will then likely exclude yourself from clients looking for high resolution video feeds. It is a trade off, device support versus video quality.

The solution is to get a superfast broadband connection that supports at least 1.5Mbps upload. (So you can do HD video for desktops at around 700Kbps, leaving plenty clear for iPhones at 600Kbps.)

Check what devices are supported after any configuration changes by logging in to JustCamit and then visiting your My Details page. The icons at the top will tell you which devices you can now broadcast to.

Whilst many ISP quote "super fast" connections, this is often download speed. When transferring video from your computer to the Internet, it is upload speed that is important. Check your speeds here:

http://www.speedtest.net/

Note: JustCamIt Lite (videochat.tv) does not support mobile devices. It is a back-up/emergency solution that has various limitations, such as device support. If you are using a PC download JustCamIt from here. If you are using a Mac set it up to dual boot Windows or use Windows Emulation Software and run the full JustCamIt program within that. (More info. on that can be found here.)

Start Again Search Close Window
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to xKatieBabyx for this post:
  • admin