Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I continue chatting when I go abroad for 1 year outside EU?
Hello everyone,

I'd appreciate some adviice preferably from someone who has done what i want to do. I live in London, am a full time mature student. I only offer DirectChat (where clients call an Adultwork phone) and nothing else. I have a PAYG phone which i only use with Adultwork for when clients call me. I am on an EE PAYG setup. I receive my payments via a payoneer card which i cash at the ATM.

I am going abroad for a year to a country outside the EU. I want to keep chatting with the setup i have now and with minimum disruption. However, I don't want to show my new country on my current profile.  What I want to do is create a new profile with my new country but use my current phone and payment method. How can i acheive this and what will i be liable for regarding costs? I don't want to buy a new phone or register anything when i'm abroad. Payment wise, i'm sure i can continue withdrawing from an ATM abroad, but i seek a way to be able to chat about and i am concerned about costs. My current running costs are minimal. I only pay about £10 every 6 month for a PAYG top up. As I said i only use this phone for incoming calls from AdultWork.

I like the convenient anonymous setup I have now and want to maintain it when i go abroad. I don't want to buy or register anything when i go abroad. I'd rather set up everything in London before i go abroad and just continue chatting and withdrawing from the ATM.

When i return to London I want to carry on chatting with my current profile. Therefore i'd rather not delete it, but if no other way is possible (ie, if Adultwork don't allow 2 profiles) i will delete it and create a new one upon return.  Is there a way I can just put my UK profile on hold without deleting, so that i can reactivate it later?

When I go abroad for a year, is there a way I can continue with my current setup? Specifically i want to know the following,

1. If i go abroad do i have to change my country location on my profile?
2. Is there a way, i can go abroad, create a new profile and just contine with my current setup just by entering a new country code?
I'm aware i will have to enter an international code, but how will that work for when i'm abroad and when people call an adultwork number?

Has anyone been through something similar themselves?

Thank you in advance.
It's against AW rules to have two profiles offering the same thing, so it wouldn't be possible unless you open a second account working with someone else as a duo profile.

At the bottom of your AW profile the page shows 'Accessing from:' and gives the country you are currently in, so wouldn't be possible to hide that you are abroad on your current profile. And accounts can't be put on hold while you set up another to offer the same thing from a different location either - so it'd have to be a case of delete the old profile and start a new one in the new country if you don't want them seeing that you've moved. That would mean losing regulars and building yourself up again though then starting from scratch for a third time when you get back to the UK.

Most guys don't care where we access from - just make a big song and dance about your travels, write a blog about it, get them excited about it and all your possible exploits out of the country and keep them coming back.

Calls will just be routed through to whichever number you use the same as they are now with the same fees taken off.
(24-03-2016, 15:21)Ana_X Wrote: It's against AW rules to have two profiles offering the same thing, so it wouldn't be possible unless you open a second account working with someone else as a duo profile.

At the bottom of your AW profile the page shows 'Accessing from:' and gives the country you are currently in, so wouldn't be possible to hide that you are abroad on your current profile. And accounts can't be put on hold while you set up another to offer the same thing from a different location either - so it'd have to be a case of delete the old profile and start a new one in the new country if you don't want them seeing that you've moved. That would mean losing regulars and building yourself up again though then starting from scratch for a third time when you get back to the UK.

Most guys don't care where we access from - just make a big song and dance about your travels, write a blog about it, get them excited about it and all your possible exploits out of the country and keep them coming back.

Calls will just be routed through to whichever number you use the same as they are now with the same fees taken off.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.

I don't duo with anyone. I only offer chat on my own.

In that case, i'll have to delete profiles when I go abroad. Yes, I suppose the clients won't care where you are, but the problem is if my new profile abroad is in the country its in, then I won't have many UK clients if any. I note that of all the countries the UK has the most users. I also think that when guys chat they probably search in their own country. Because the UK adultwork has so many users, i'm sure we service offerers get a better deal here than if were in another country outside the EU.

When clients search for a chat partner here, they probably look in the UK. The country i'm going to has hardly any adultwork profiles which means its probably not used so much there.

Has anyone done this? I want to know of other experiences, of what actually happens when you use PAYG abroad. How can I make my profile appear in the UK section if I am abroad? If I create a new profile, then I don't mind showing my location as UK but current  in (x country).

Many thanks
(24-03-2016, 20:55)jinnystarwars Wrote:
(24-03-2016, 15:21)Ana_X Wrote: It's against AW rules to have two profiles offering the same thing, so it wouldn't be possible unless you open a second account working with someone else as a duo profile.

Hi,

In that case, i'll have to delete profiles when I go abroad. Yes, I suppose the clients won't care where you are, but the problem is if my new profile abroad is in the country its in, then I won't have many UK clients if any. I note that of all the countries the UK has the most users. I also think that when guys chat they probably search in their own country. Because the UK adultwork has so many users, i'm sure we service offerers get a better deal here than if were in another country outside the EU.

When clients search for a chat partner here, they probably look in the UK. The country i'm going to has hardly any adultwork profiles which means its probably not used so much there.

Has anyone done this? I want to know of other experiences, of what actually happens when you use PAYG abroad. How can I make my profile appear in the UK section if I am abroad? If I create a new profile, then I don't mind showing my location as UK but current  in (x country).

Many thanks

Hi,

I've only just seen this as I never come on here. Anna_X is right. There's no need to delete your profile. You're English speaking so you'll still show up on the UK site. I found this out when I first started and was chatting to a Romanian girl (I was wondering how she showed up over here, as I wanted to cash in on, the US, Oz markets too)

As for the phone, you could just get a Skype number so you don't have to pay any oversea's charges.

Much easier then having to inform all your regulars that you're changing you're profile & loosing your ratings etc.

Hope this helps Tx
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tara 30 for this post:
  • admin
(10-04-2016, 22:04)Tara 30 Wrote:
(24-03-2016, 20:55)jinnystarwars Wrote:

Hi,

Many thanks

Hi,

I've only just seen this as I never come on here. Anna_X is right. There's no need to delete your profile. You're English speaking so you'll still show up on the UK site. I found this out when I first started and was chatting to a Romanian girl (I was wondering how she showed up over here, as I wanted to cash in on, the US, Oz markets too)

As for the phone, you could just get a Skype number so you don't have to pay any oversea's charges.

Much easier then having to inform all your regulars that you're changing you're profile & loosing your ratings etc.

Hope this helps Tx
Thank you Tx,

Are Skype numbers free? Romania is an EU country. whereas where i am going is not a EU country. Nor an English speaking one

OK, i have a question, suppose i get this Skype number, will i divert it to my mobile number from here? Or whattsapp? or what? I seek an option where i don't have to buy anything.

The second question is this: If i get this skype number, will it work with with my mobile which is pay as you go? At the momemt, i don't give a number to clients, they just call directchat.

Third question, is, if my profile shows in the UK, and I am abroad, will that country show too? If both countries show, then i'd rather delete and create a new profile

Thank you for your help
1) Skype numbers are a premium service, you have to pay for it.
2) Receiving calls through your skype number will only work via the skype program, so you'll need to have skype running on your laptop or the app running on your phone for it to work.
3) Your profile, as previously pointed out to you, will show which ever country you are in.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ana_X for this post:
  • jinnystarwars
You can try out a vonage box....I'm not sure if they work outside the EU but they plug into the ethernet port and give you a UK landline. It's about £10 a month or something. I plan on going travelling too so looking into this myself.

Your profile will still show UK but will say "accessing from *insert country*" at the bottom.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Del for this post:
  • jinnystarwars
(12-04-2016, 23:35)Ana_X Wrote: 1) Skype numbers are a premium service, you have to pay for it.
2) Receiving calls through your skype number will only work via the skype program, so you'll need to have skype running on your laptop or the app running on your phone for it to work.
3) Your profile, as previously pointed out to you, will show which ever country you are in.

Ana

Yes, but I wondered if having skype (an online number) would change anything. My problem is I don't want the country i am going to for a year to show at all (anywhere on my profile) if i keep my UK profile. I still havn't found a workable solution. Plus I am sure there must be a few other niggles which only someone who has done this will know about. I want to hear from someone who actually did this, i.e. went abroad to a non EU country, kept their profile, and returned to London.
Thank you again.

Del,

Thank you for your reply too.
If you keep your existing profile the nationality you have put on that profile will stay the same. The only difference is that there will be 'accessing from......' with the country you are currently in showing at the bottom of the profile. There's no way around that.

You CAN keep your profile and travel with it anywhere in the world, anywhere. I can't fathom where on earth you would be going where you want no association with the country you'll be residing in, which is making your situation difficult to understand.
(13-04-2016, 10:54)Ana_X Wrote: If you keep your existing profile the nationality you have put on that profile will stay the same. The only difference is that there will be 'accessing from......' with the country you are currently in showing at the bottom of the profile. There's no way around that.

You CAN keep your profile and travel with it anywhere in the world, anywhere. I can't fathom where on earth you would be going where you want no association with the country you'll be residing in, which is making your situation difficult to understand.

Ana, my visa won't permit me to work, so just to be on the safe side, i want to arrange everything so that it is set up from here and I don't need to do anything like registering phones in the other country. I can't afford to take a risk for other reasons too.