Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Government prostitution inquiry imminent: deadline 18th Feb
(10-02-2016, 17:18)Nova70 Wrote: I'm curious as to how it may effect online advertising and forums, does AW still operate in the Countries who have already introduced such Laws, if I was unlucky enough to be arrested would the Police seize my phone and computer and could the things I've written on forums be used as evidence against me. This forum was created to support a commercial venture but they allow us to discuss wider issues ........ thank you, but I can't see that continuing if the Law is changed as we'd then be talking about an illegal activity and it would be perfectly understandable if we were no longer welcome.

When I last looked there were five AW profiles in Norway and none in Sweden.

You'd have to ask people who live in those countries, but I have read that in practice the police do confiscate phones and computers. Not just from the men but the girls too. Citing collection of "evidence" as the reason. They also prosecute landlords and hotels for facilitating illegal activity. They also lean very heavily on girls who refuse to give evidence against their clients, by way of making them homeless after threatening landlords. I read that in Norway they actually carried out "operation homeless" last year which resulted in a couple of hundred girls being evicted out on to the street.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Government prostitution inquiry imminent: deadline 18th Feb - by Warwick - 11-02-2016, 13:06