Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Government prostitution inquiry imminent: deadline 18th Feb
(09-02-2016, 14:51)Nova70 Wrote: Your right to be concerned Simon and I've always believed it was only a matter of time before we saw an attempt to introduce the "Nordic Model" to the rest of the UK after the legislation in NI, one issue the committee will be discussing is how to "discourage demand which drives commercial sexual exploitation" which means advertising of course so there could well be implications for AW and even forums.

The terms of reference of this enquiry are very loaded towards the Nordic model, and the evocative photo at the top of the UKparliament web page detailing the inquiry would be funny if it wasn't so serious and biased towards the obvious agenda. It's quite noticeable also that since the introduction in Northern Ireland how little the activity devoted to prosecuting offenders is. It's easy to imagine that this is a tactic to get the opposition off-guard. Less MP's will support them if they think it is a non-issue. From my perspective, all the indications are that this is a very serious and determined effort to roll the Nordic model out UK wide.

I've tried raising awareness of this on other sites, but in two cases I have been banned, largely for actually taking this subject seriously. The position of UKpunting for example is to ignore it and if it comes to pass then actively encourage mass law breaking. That won't work. Most ordinary citizens don't want to go down that path and risk fines, exposure and even jail. This is not a good time for complacency. Yet they banned me and have tried to discredit me by making false accusations in writing on their forums. Totally nuts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Government prostitution inquiry imminent: deadline 18th Feb - by Warwick - 10-02-2016, 05:01