Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate Christmas.............
Those baubles are surely going to come in handy when you will stop the current pattern and start spending Xmas at home....... nothing last forever. And then you will pat yourself on the shoulder for not having thrown them away.
(07-12-2015, 11:44)annabelle Wrote: Those baubles are surely going to come in handy when you will stop the current pattern and start spending Xmas at home....... nothing last forever. And then you will pat yourself on the shoulder for not having thrown them away.

Not likely to throw them away, some are older than both of us. We went shopping in London on Friday and brought another one to add to the collection....

Very disappointed with the Christmas decorations for sale in the big stores this year and some of them are getting quite expensive, but had a great day out.

Sarah x x x
I bought most of my baubles more than 10 years ago on the last day of sales at Harrods: this is when they are the cheapest. I have got now some gorgeous baubles, I don't have to buy anything for the rest of my life..... I hope.
(15-12-2015, 12:14)annabelle Wrote: I bought most of my baubles more than 10 years ago on the last day of sales at Harrods: this is when they are the cheapest. I have got now some gorgeous baubles, I don't have to buy anything for the rest of my life..... I hope.

I was going to make a joke about your gorgeous baubles but it's too easy and I don't really do smutty humour.
(15-12-2015, 12:14)annabelle Wrote: I bought most of my baubles more than 10 years ago on the last day of sales at Harrods: this is when they are the cheapest. I have got now some gorgeous baubles, I don't have to buy anything for the rest of my life..... I hope.

Many of ours came from Harrods, but this year there was nothing that we liked. We only brought one new decoration from Fortnum & Mason, it is in the shape of an old fashioned style sweet, in glass with a pink tinge. They had various designs in the same style but we only picked one. I think it was £5.95 so not as expensive as some we looked at that were £30+ but the average price seemed to be £8-12.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to matter how well they are packed, we usually have one or two break when we unpack them, especially as many are very old and fragile

Sarah x x x
I got an ex a cake once and she told me to eat it myself. That is not nice.
(17-12-2015, 15:08)wife4rent Wrote:

Many of ours came from Harrods, but this year there was nothing that we liked. We only brought one new decoration from Fortnum & Mason, it is in the shape of an old fashioned style sweet, in glass with a pink tinge. They had various designs in the same style but we only picked one. I think it was £5.95 so not as expensive as some we looked at that were £30+ but the average price seemed to be £8-12.

Unfortunately, it does not seem to matter how well they are packed, we usually have one or two break when we unpack them, especially as many are very old and fragile

Sarah x x x

Uuuuuh, £8-12 is quite a lot: I got mine for some £2-2.50 or even less in Sale. I have got so many now, I have not bought anything for a very long time.
To be honest, Xmas 2016 will be here before we know it. That is how quickly each year tends to be.