Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

How much is location a factor? (Esp in London)
(06-11-2015, 17:06)Nova70 Wrote: but even if you consider the Home counties yes there are isolated villages

Mmm... Yes, you could be right, best to steer clear of isolated villages, the local punters may be spotted visiting you?

Not sure we are on the same page here... We are not talking about isolating yourself, even if I did suggest that you would still get punters if you were on top of a mountain.

If you are in Hounslow, I do not see that you would be less busy than if you are in central London, I have worked in the Slough / Hounslow area for years and at times i have been so busy that i have taken more bookings than hours in the day that I worked (not sure how that is possible, but I am sure you will work it out).

If I had been in central London it would NOT have been possible to have seen any more people.

So, i struggle to find a real answer to the posed question, as the answer relies on far too many differentiating factors, including the cost of the service you offer.

Sarah x x x
I did a bit of work in Hounslow last year. They are on a different time zone there. Busy but 'be there in half an hour' often meant 2 hours !
Didn t know if I was coming or going !
LOL, Yes I have worked it out Sarah. Your absolutely right there's no reason why you can't make a perfectly good living in the outer London boroughs or bordering Counties, I think the OP is just looking for reassurance, as you've said other factors are probably more important.

I guess I'm asking my own question.........why do so many congregate around Earls Court, Kensington etc when the cost of renting a place is that much higher.
(08-11-2015, 14:59)oneandonlyMrsJones Wrote: I did a bit of work in Hounslow last year. They are on a different time zone there. Busy but 'be there in half an hour' often meant 2 hours !
Didn t know if I was coming or going !

That's because Slough/Hounslow is idiot central, that's a long established fact on this forum.
(09-11-2015, 03:37)Nova70 Wrote: I guess I'm asking my own question.........why do so many congregate around Earls Court, Kensington etc when the cost of renting a place is that much higher.

When you tour or work part time, like I do, you have many guys interested in meeting you, if you do your marketing right, this should also include plenty of repeat clients.

When you work Mon - Friday in the same place, being in London can have an advantage, apart from the guys who either live or work locally, you also have a great number of tourists, and your never far from a tube station. My guess is that you are going to busy all the time and not have too many quiet spells, which is why it is a good place to be based.

And north of the river is much busier with people than the south.

So yes location can play a part, but it does depend on so many other factors.

I knew a girl who worked in a Soho walk up, you can't get much busier than that.

Sarah x x x

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Location for London incalls silkycat 5 7,856 14-03-2017, 16:39
Last Post: Jessie45