• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phishing text, warning!
I've just had a text which came up as 'Adultwork' in my phone's display:

UPDATE YOUR PROFILE NOW
Send to adultwork@accountant.com
-Nick name
-Password
-Date of birth
ATTENTION!! OTHERWISE YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE CLOSED.

Somehow the text has come in with no mobile number attached to it, nothing, it can't be replied to. So I've sent the message to AW via help center letting them know asking them to check it out and warn folk via twitter.

NEVER give your personal details like those above to ANYONE. Adultwork will never ask for a profile update in such a way.
(01-09-2015, 15:25)Ana_X Wrote: Somehow the text has come in with no mobile number attached to it, nothing, it can't be replied to.

That is easy to do, you can that using some marketing sms sites, send a message in any name you wish.

Any text message / email asking you to provide your details is a scam

Sarah x x x
Reply from Adultwork:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

This message was NOT from AdultWork.com

The answer you are looking for has already been published on the Current Status page.

Generally speaking if anything outside the norm is occurring then we list that on the Current Status page and it is always useful when contacting us to make that contact through the Help Centre as any prevailing issues which appear on the sites' Current Status page will be headlined within the opening page of the Help Centre.

To navigate to the Current Status page use the Help tab at the top of any page and you will see it there as a subtopic.

http://www.adultwork.com/CurrentStatus.asp

Regards

The AdultWork.com Team