Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

AW Income
We pay the JCI fees.
I made the mistake of selling a mobile phone through the site when I first started, I was about to pull it after I noticed/realized AW took 30% of Sales Items too... however before I could do that it sold straightaway and I had to honour the sale.. as a consequence I didn't really make that much at all on the sale and had I realized I would not have sold it for the price I had and prob listed it on ebay (or put it at a higher price on AW).

Also I sold some underwear to an overseas buyer, I thought the postage was going to be about £7 (as I had done a calculation via Royal Mail) -- however it turned out to be nearly £10 at the post office --- I assume AW take 30% of the cost of the postage too? If so, it hardly seems worth selling... or maybe I need to up the garment price! --- perhaps someone could confirm, if they also take 30% of postage costs ----- if they do its annoying as it means I have had to foot some of the costs and the idea was to pass that fee on to the Buyer.
(14-11-2014, 05:23)poshie Wrote: I assume AW take 30% of the cost of the postage too?

Yep, they take 30% of that as well. I don't agree with it as any honest seller will set the postage at the price the post office will charge. Why should AW get a share of that!
I just up the price of the item a bit and offer free postage, that way no one can say I have overcharged them for postage.
AW take 30% of everythuing you withdraw, whatever way you earned the money

Sarah x x x
(17-11-2014, 12:44)greeneyes76 Wrote: I just up the price of the item a bit and offer free postage, that way no one can say I have overcharged them for postage.

Yes I put the price the P.O. charge but it only recently dawned on me that I was probably having 30% deducted! Am slow to catch on obv lol -- it makes good business sense to do what you do.. and isn't that what most businesses do anyway.. i.e., tell us we're getting free postage but we incur the cost elsewhere! - I worked out I only made about 4 credits from a recent sale after AW's 30% whack and then taking a further 30% of the postage, wasnt really worth the bother.
I just went to amend the Delivery option, i.e., leave it blank/not select one... but... it won't let me do progress the Sale Ad without selecting some form of Delivery method tho. Undecided
I charge 4 credits for 1st & 2nd class postage, 7 for recorded and 15 for overseas and never had a complaint. I think its only fair that we charge a little extra to cover what we lose through AW cuts x
(18-11-2014, 03:48)poshie Wrote: I just went to amend the Delivery option, i.e., leave it blank/not select one... but... it won't let me do progress the Sale Ad without selecting some form of Delivery method tho. Undecided

I think you have to tick 1st or 2nd class then put the price as 0.00
Thank you greeneyes (& hornygirl)... couldn't find the 'thank you' button/feature... dunno if its me (bleary eyes!) or it has been removed due to a recent re-vamp. Anyway thank you again.. all sorted, ta. x (and ty Sarah/W4R... erm.. all my ty's seem to have disappeared.. arrrgh.. will re-check again tomorrow in daylight.. could be me!). Smile