Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refferal Scheme problems
Has anyone have problems with the refferal scheme URLS not responding. This started a few weeks ago, and from my PC non of the refferal URLs I click on respond. These are my own refferals on my website, and the refferals on other peoples websites.

Interestingly refferals must be working for some people, because I am getting refferals and earning some money, but the refferals do look to have dropped off.

I did some further research and the IP address returned for the host refer.adultwork.com is 209.200.152.74, while the IP address for refer.adultwork.co.uk is 84.244.135.16 (which is part of the subnet used by the adultwork.com site)

Something else I tried was logining into a server I have and resolving the address refer.adultwork.com and found the address was 84.244.135.16

I updated my hosts file on my windows machine to set the host name refer.adultwork.com to have the address 84.244.135.16 and the refferal scheme appears to work from my PC. Obviously this is not a solution!!!

So what is going on. Why is the IP address wrong?, and why on one of my servers is the correct IP address being returned. I also tried changing my DNS servers I use to resolve host names to see if there was an issue there.

This is costing me earnings Sad
I just did some more testing with the two opendns servers and they return different address for refer.adultwork.com

C:\Users\steve>nslookup refer.adultwork.com 208.67.222.220
Server: resolver3.opendns.com
Address: 208.67.222.220

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: hosts2.aw-systems.co.uk
Address: 84.244.135.16
Aliases: refer.adultwork.com

C:\Users\steve>nslookup refer.adultwork.com 208.67.222.222
Server: resolver1.opendns.com
Address: 208.67.222.222

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: hosts2.aw-systems.co.uk