Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dyslexic
That's probably because they type how they speak?

Using the Australian Question Intonation?

Where the pitch of the voice goes up at the end of a sentence?
Transsexual working girl in Surrey
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
Follow @Trinity_Belle on Twitter
I have dyslexia as well, but I don't think it is any excuse to not make an effort.

When I was young, I had a squint. One eye more dominant than the other, which made reading difficult. I had an operation to correct this, but I think it has gone back to how it was.

It still causes problems today, with a job that needs this type of detail. Occasionally, I get caught out. Most of the time I keep on top of it, and get it right.

I also asked a dominatrix to give me a spelling test, and incorporate it into the fantasy. Which was great!
(29-03-2013, 01:03)Trinity-Belle Wrote: And even then I can miss an "s" off a word!

Yeah but your spelling, grammar and punctuation is usually pretty perfect. You don't use it as an excuse like some dyslexics do, and I think that a lot of people who claim to have dyslexia are just lazy. All browsers come with spell checkers these days.
(05-04-2013, 17:53)Mistress_Babalon Wrote:
(29-03-2013, 01:03)Trinity-Belle Wrote: And even then I can miss an "s" off a word!

Yeah but your spelling, grammar and punctuation is usually pretty perfect. You don't use it as an excuse like some dyslexics do, and I think that a lot of people who claim to have dyslexia are just lazy. All browsers come with spell checkers these days.

Well, I do think that people could help themselves more sometimes, but half the problem, most especially for people in the late thirties and older, is that when we were at school we were TOLD that we were just lazy... I kid you not... teachers used to laugh at me! I remember having to stand on my desk in front of the whole class at the age of 12 or 13 and "announce" the results of my spelling test - I got 38/100 - the worst in the year.

I got put in "Remedial English" classes and I was kicked out of French because, they said, no one who's English was so appalling could possibly learn a foreign language and I ought to concentrate more on improving my English - this despite the fact that I was already fully bi-lingual with English and Spanish. They blamed the time I had spent in Spain as a child for my appalling spelling and my parents were made to feel as though they had done me a huge disservice by taking me out there to live and for having me educated in a Spanish school rather than one of the many English ones there are out there for the children of ex-pats.

All of my School reports, every year I can remember, said the same thing for "English Language":

Every teacher I ever had Wrote:Composition - Excellent
Comprehension - Outstanding
Spelling - Appalling
Handwriting - Dreadful
Comments - Is never able to complete a project on time. Very lazy child - must try harder
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
(05-04-2013, 18:08)Trinity-Belle Wrote: I got put in "Remedial English" classes and I was kicked out of French because, they said, no one who's English was so appalling could possibly learn a foreign language and I ought to concentrate more on improving my English - this despite the fact that I was already fully bi-lingual with English and Spanish.

... but I did, of course, have to continue with Latin and Ancient Greek, because they were compulsory subjects until the fourth form.

Can't possibly learn French, oh no... far too difficult. But two dead languages, no problem!
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
Well dyslexia is definitely real, that's for sure. I have dyscalculia and was dismissed as being lazy at school because of my problems with Maths, and that was despite being top of the year in other subjects.
(05-04-2013, 18:29)Mistress_Babalon Wrote: I have dyscalculia

Gosh... that's really rare!

School teachers were horrible - I think things have improved now in most schools, thank God.
See me on AdultWork

Call 07856 061172
They are aware of dyscalculia in schools these days.

I was at a private primary school and they still failed to realise that rather than being stupid, I just couldn't see the blackboard. I even got held down a year.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
There's something to be said about home schooling..