Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using landline for direct chat?
Hey guys! EEEK, what an evening! My boyfriend had gone away for the weekend and accidentally left with my mobile, which I use for directchat calls, in his pocket! I've tried using my landline instead, doing what I did with my mobile (keying in 44 in replacement of the zero at the beginning on the number). A prospective client has been trying to call, and has been emailing saying that it says I'm busy?! Any ideas what the problem might be would be appreciated. I hardly ever use my landline phone, but it is pretty old which I'm guessing might be the problem.

Heidi x
[Image: 7997.jpg]
I am guessing that you have tried to call out on the landline & got a friend to call you on it?

Sarah x x x
Hi Sarah,

yep, it works for normal calls, just the client couldn't get through. I'm assuming I put the correct code. Not sure if the 44 just applies to mobile numbers.

Hx
Hiya i have used my landline for directchat and calls did come through, try and keep your line clear hun, if not why not get him to book a phonechat with you via AW phonechat form and ring your landline ? That way you wont miss out on your regulars xxxx
(11-01-2013, 00:12)country-gal Wrote: Hiya i have used my landline for directchat and calls did come through, try and keep your line clear hun, if not why not get him to book a phonechat with you via AW phonechat form and ring your landline ? That way you wont miss out on your regulars xxxx

I would, but I really don't want to give out my number, so I've always used the directchat option :/.
Could you do a booked chat call, and then call him. Using 141 to block off your number. A lot of landline phone suppliers offer free calls to other landlines in evenings anyway. My Virgin Media does. Either way, the money you make for the call on AW, will offset the negligble amount for the cost of call.

I wonder whether to alter my phone chat no to landline. More recently I've had calls cut off midway as my mobile signal has dropped so low. Terrible reception in my area at times.
(10-01-2013, 23:46)HornyHeidiBush Wrote: Hi Sarah,

yep, it works for normal calls, just the client couldn't get through. I'm assuming I put the correct code. Not sure if the 44 just applies to mobile numbers.

Hx

Have you tried it without the 44 - just put the normal number in with the o at the start

Sarah x x x
It sounds like directchat is doing it's thing...I use my landline for directchat.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
ive just checked how i put my landline number in for direct chat ive not used the 44 just the area code and my number and i get calls i think thats just if your using a mobile hun x
Just a little bit of advice for those offering landline - if you have skype, you can actually purchase a skype number, at very low cost. I use it, all calls come through via skype and it looks like a landline number, so callers are none the wiser! You can pay for it monthly at about £4 per month, or have it for 3 months at about £12! Much easier and safer if you don't really want to give out your landline for pre-booked phone chat! x

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Direct chat status text Strawberryblonde 1 3,113 08-08-2020, 09:49
Last Post: admin
  Direct chat - cannot hear the clients clearly NaughtyYoungScarlett 1 4,069 30-10-2019, 16:41
Last Post: Severine_Dragon
  Direct Chat not working xAnnax 1 3,630 23-10-2019, 14:50
Last Post: dirty_phone_girl
  Direct chat and pre booked chat advice please ? dirty_phone_girl 1 3,435 12-08-2019, 16:18
Last Post: Verity
  Direct Chat Call Failing xAnnax 9 11,928 23-02-2018, 13:13
Last Post: JoiBleu