Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

24 hour security guards
Its been reported in the press that claims of 24 hour security for the two daughters of Prince Andrew and Sarah, are going to be reduced, exactly why do they think they need that sort of security, when funds for it, are coming from the public purse, and the funding for some hospitals are being reduced, front line services for the needy are stopped, and many public secter workers are facing unemployment due to cut backs, surely the fact we have been paying for 24 hour security for some folk is stupid, when they are not at any risk greater than you and I.
I'm surprised they are not increasing it after what they wore at the wedding.
I seen a picture of them wearing the hats, now what sort of person would advise them to wear something like that, talk about wanting attention from the back of another person.

If you did not know whom they were, would you give either of them a second glance...and yet for all we know, the security people are spending untold amount of working hours guarding people like that.

I see some sence in security for a few of the royals or important politicians, but to extend it to someone like the children of someone who is way down the pecking order of anything is sheer waste.
Apparently the chap who made their hats had 20 of them being worn at the wedding altogether, so I can only imagine that they had a fair influence in the design, as no one else stood out like they did.
Only that crazy woman who's name escapes me at the moment, who had the part of her nose wasted away through cocaine abuse, (she is an american and was on im a celebrity get me out of here a few years ago)had a hat that drew more attention to them than they did, was she part of the same grouop of people who had their hats made by the same person,

(Sophie Anderton)
It's a tricky situation...
They are members of the royal family, which makes them more of target for nutters.
We are all entitled to protection from harm by the law whoever you are, however you and I are unlikely to become the target of religious or paramilitary nutters if we didn't have bodyguards.

If they had no protection at all what might happen.

The royal family do pay taxes now, and so deserve to be looked after like you or I. We just aren't high profile enough to need constant protection.

I dont think Eugenie or Beatrice are going to be stalked in the near furture, unless its by someone with a grudge against people who wear stupid hats.
They said that about Princess Anne in the 70's, and Lord Mountbatten in the 80's

(10-05-2011, 06:27)MrSmith767 Wrote: They said that about Princess Anne in the 70's, and Lord Mountbatten in the 80's

And while so much money is spent on keeping them alive, we suffer with the closure of hospuitals and ambulance srews, so the risk of not getting others to hospital on time is putting many many more lives at risk.

The mental health services have been savagely cut, im sure that we are going to see the suicide rate soar through the roof as services for the ill diminish, and respite care is cut away to a bare minimum.
Ther are families who are really struggling in terms of support and back up, and rely on some suport, when that goes we are going to see the result of the cut backs in society, a few people getting special round the clock protection as they swan about is not the answer.
Never mind security guards for the pair of them what they really need is a serious visit from the fashion police