Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skype question
Hi

At present use only direct cam however can see benefits of skype/msn however on skype when used it previosuly i noted it had own name on, i guess there is some way of ensuring the client only sees courtesan annabel and no other info ?

and how easy is it to set up ?

any help would be great, thanks

regards

anna x
English Retro Courtesan

contact if need an adult industry accountant 
skype is dead easy to setup i only use skype for work ... so set it up in my work name .... and skype is so much better to use than msn ... i love doing skype shows it wont take ya long to download and easy to use
hope that helps hun x x x
I have a separate email address, skype ID and MSN for work. They are stopping MSN next year (not hotmail, just the chat/video side.

Skype is better quality than directcam, so many prefer it...plus the hope that the show will last longer than the booked time. Just make sure you check the amount of credits, time and length of session before you accept a booking as they can adjust the amount...also make sure they confirm the booking after you have accepted or you won't get paid. They will see your skype or MSN ID at this time, so don't give it out to them sooner.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
You need to have a skype account just for work without adding your name to it and using a work email.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
(22-11-2012, 18:34)Classy_Katy Wrote: You need to have a skype account just for work without adding your name to it and using a work email.

thanks for that, just changed it Smile

is there abox to tick so can have a text sent when get an email re skype booking ?

regards

Anna Smile
English Retro Courtesan

Go to MY DETAILS and on the left select:

Mobile Phone Verification and SMS Alerts - it will open into another sub menu... select GO and (assuming your mobile is verified!) it opens up something like this:

"MOBILE ACTIVATION

Current Status

Your mobile has been verified.
If you would like to remove or change the number use your Edit Profile page. If you change it a new verification key will be sent to you.

Alerts

When a webcam booking request is made, send me an SMS containing the details. Also, if the booking is accepted and confirmed, send me an SMS about 5 minutes before the session is due to commence. These notifications will be sent to me for free.

When a Phone Chat booking request is made, send me an SMS containing the details. Also, if the booking is accepted and confirmed, send me an SMS about 5 minutes before the phone call should be made. These notifications will be sent to me for free.

Send me an SMS when I receive a new email from another member. I accept that each message I receive will cost me 0.50 credits.

Send me an SMS when I receive a new voicemail. I accept that each message I receive will cost me 0.50 credits. (Voicemail Info.)
"

Basically it will have a tick box (not shown in above sample) next to the Alerts you want to receive. Once you set up the webcam feature and ticked the Alerts you want to receive before each pre-booked Webcam session you should get a text notifying you that you have received a Webcam booking (and also a 2nd 'Reminder' Text nearer the time the booking is due to take place). Hope that helps/makes sense! (oh and btw its free).
(25-11-2012, 20:26)poshie Wrote: Go to MY DETAILS and on the left select:

Mobile Phone Verification and SMS Alerts - it will open into another sub menu... select GO and (assuming your mobile is verified!) it opens up something like this:

"MOBILE ACTIVATION

Current Status

Your mobile has been verified.
If you would like to remove or change the number use your Edit Profile page. If you change it a new verification key will be sent to you.

Alerts

When a webcam booking request is made, send me an SMS containing the details. Also, if the booking is accepted and confirmed, send me an SMS about 5 minutes before the session is due to commence. These notifications will be sent to me for free.

When a Phone Chat booking request is made, send me an SMS containing the details. Also, if the booking is accepted and confirmed, send me an SMS about 5 minutes before the phone call should be made. These notifications will be sent to me for free.

Send me an SMS when I receive a new email from another member. I accept that each message I receive will cost me 0.50 credits.

Send me an SMS when I receive a new voicemail. I accept that each message I receive will cost me 0.50 credits. (Voicemail Info.)
"

Basically it will have a tick box (not shown in above sample) next to the Alerts you want to receive. Once you set up the webcam feature and ticked the Alerts you want to receive before each pre-booked Webcam session you should get a text notifying you that you have received a Webcam booking (and also a 2nd 'Reminder' Text nearer the time the booking is due to take place). Hope that helps/makes sense! (oh and btw its free).

oh wow thats great, never would have found that Smile
was becoming a pain checking emails every few mins as the first evening I started pre booked I missed so many bookings Sad

Thank you
English Retro Courtesan

HuhAnyone having a problem when webcamming using Skype ? I use directcam and have no problems but when using skype for bookings the clients are saying i'm jumpy, i use a Microsoft HD webcam
Thanks
(03-12-2012, 22:13)country-gal Wrote: HuhAnyone having a problem when webcamming using Skype ? I use directcam and have no problems but when using skype for bookings the clients are saying i'm jumpy, i use a Microsoft HD webcam
Thanks

hi

a little confused, as I have to turn just cam off to use skype, its the camera and screen on skype your using not the one you have for direct cam, try turning it off, happy to try with me tomorrow if you like - courtesanannabel is the name on skype

Anna x x
English Retro Courtesan

I never intend to use skype for shows. The reason is that little record and take pic button they just have to press. I realise that we could be recorded on dc and msn, however its so much easier on skype, and for those men who hadnt thought of recording shows may just find that one click option a good idea

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can anyone answer this question regarding skype? Mistress_Silk 8 8,791 23-01-2020, 19:20
Last Post: admin