Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

New to AW
Hi Peeps,

Im new to AW so i thought i'd say hi. I have a couple of concerns, i've been on the site 2-3 weeks now it's took me a while to sort my profile (i still get confused now lol) but i haven't received any calls. I can't do cam work coz i don't have a web cam yet but i will do calls and directIM but i've had no business and over 600 views on my profile is this normal or something i maybe doing wrong? Im on directIM most of the day but being in a shared house i can't always take calls but when im available to take calls i haven't yet received any, can it start off slow when ur new? I have put up some private gallary pics which one person has paid so far, am i doing the right thing having privaye gallery pics? i've never done this sort of thing before so im quite nervous with what to actually say aswell lol but i've got to start somewhere as it's something i'd like to do.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice

Lucy xx
Hi Lucy,
Tried getting your AW profile up, but am unable to - do you have a link please?
Thanks,
JM
x
Hi Lucy...it's really about getting noticed, and you can do that by having profile photos that stand out amongst the sea of other photos, and featuring yourself for phone chat on an hourly and/or a daily basis. Also, how you describe yourself and what you do will make a difference, so maybe have a look at other profiles and see what appeals to you.

Using freechat in instant message may help (I limit the free time to 5 minutes) as your profile photo would then be rotated with the others and shown on the front page on the left hand side. Hourly featuring for phone chat, if yours is the highest bid, will get you shown on the left side too (same with webcam). Listing a town helps as some guys like a local girl and search by location.

Being new can be an advantage as some like to try out all the new girls...my private gallery was slow to start but it is worth having, as are movie clips when you have a webcam. I'm a lot busier with webcam than phone and instant message.

Knowing what to say is a tricky one when you start and not helped by guys who don't communicate well, expect you to mind read or think that all other guys must have the same tastes as them...all you can do is start by finding out what is they'd like to talk about/what turns them on/what's on their mind etc...they're responsible for their own pleasure from the chat aswell, it takes two to tango. Expect most to hang up abruptly without saying thank you though and for directchat and justcamit to disconnect or not connect at all from time to time! Stick with it though because it can be profitable and lots of fun too.

I hope that helps,

Katy xx
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

On twitter @ClassyKatyxxx
(05-05-2012, 19:05)Classy_Katy Wrote: Hi Lucy...it's really about getting noticed, and you can do that by having profile photos that stand out amongst the sea of other photos, and featuring yourself for phone chat on an hourly and/or a daily basis. Also, how you describe yourself and what you do will make a difference, so maybe have a look at other profiles and see what appeals to you.

Using freechat in instant message may help (I limit the free time to 5 minutes) as your profile photo would then be rotated with the others and shown on the front page on the left hand side. Hourly featuring for phone chat, if yours is the highest bid, will get you shown on the left side too (same with webcam). Listing a town helps as some guys like a local girl and search by location.

Being new can be an advantage as some like to try out all the new girls...my private gallery was slow to start but it is worth having, as are movie clips when you have a webcam. I'm a lot busier with webcam than phone and instant message.

Knowing what to say is a tricky one when you start and not helped by guys who don't communicate well, expect you to mind read or think that all other guys must have the same tastes as them...all you can do is start by finding out what is they'd like to talk about/what turns them on/what's on their mind etc...they're responsible for their own pleasure from the chat aswell, it takes two to tango. Expect most to hang up abruptly without saying thank you though and for directchat and justcamit to disconnect or not connect at all from time to time! Stick with it though because it can be profitable and lots of fun too.

I hope that helps,

Katy xx

Hi Katy,

thanks so much for all that advice i really appreciate it, it's helped me loads. It's hard being a newbie but i think once i get going and start to get some experience i should be ok and now i know what to expect aswell has helped alot. I started the 5 min free chat but im finding alot just chat for the freebie then leave the room lol but i suppose it helps to get noticed aswell.Im deffinatly gonna give it ago and like u say it can be fun too. Thanks again hun xx
Hi Lucy, you're welcome...sometimes they like to chat a bit a few times before having a session...a lot just want the free chat but it does get you noticed more. Also, you don't have to give them the full works in free chat, they should be paying for that. If you (or rather when) you get bored of the same guy coming in again and again for free chat, just ask them after saying hi if they're going to have a session, they normally leave then. You can kick people out too if you select their name in the list then right click to see the options...you're bound to get idiots (more so with doing free preview for webcam and that includes other girls on AW) but remember it's your space, you don't have to have them in there. Also, I make it 5 mins within 24 hours...5 minutes is plenty long enough for them to see that you do know how to type and decide if they want a paid session.
Adultwork's Classy_Katy

Hi Katy,

I took all ur advice and got my first paying customer last night Smile im hope it wasn't a one off but we chatted for an hour lol even about general stuff like clubbing and holidays which i totally wasn't expecting but he left me nice feedback. When is comes to transfering your credits which method is the best one to use? is it best to transfer it straight away or let it build up first? x
Lucy, I cant find you on AW, what is your user name link?
(07-05-2012, 10:24)Monaco85 Wrote: Lucy, I cant find you on AW, what is your user name link?

Sorry hun, it's lucylicious83 x
(07-05-2012, 10:04)Lucy83 Wrote: Hi Katy,

I took all ur advice and got my first paying customer last night Smile im hope it wasn't a one off but we chatted for an hour lol even about general stuff like clubbing and holidays which i totally wasn't expecting but he left me nice feedback. When is comes to transfering your credits which method is the best one to use? is it best to transfer it straight away or let it build up first? x

That's fantastic Lucy, I'm really pleased for you! I did see you in a private session yesterday evening and I love your profile!

I'd let them build up so you have some money for featuring yourself for phone chat...or you could just use the fact that you're in free IM chat as that can catch the eye of guys who like phone chat. I use daily and hourly featuring, and you can find them on your "my details" page..."feature your profile"..."go" (daily featuring for webcam, phone, alternative if you've signed up for it and sms (which I wouldn't bother with)) and directcam/directchat position for hourly.

You can transfer it 24 hours afterwards and the day for payment processing by AW is on a Tuesday (so even if you transfer them now, you won't get paid them yet) so I transfer once a week late afternoon Tuesdays, then the payment arrives two weeks later.

I use Payoneer and have a prepaid card (I had my card from them within 2 weeks rather than the 4 it states on the site), the payment is made in US dollars and there's a small admin charge from them and I withdraw my money in cash so I lose a bit too on the exchange rate. Don't use Paytoo they've been having problems lately and it took me 2 months to get my money off them. There are cheque and bank options too but I prefer Payoneer as cheapest and simplest for me (there's a high charge to replace a lost cheque and banks will charge for the international transfer as payment is in Euros)...when it's possible to have a payment in GBP to a UK bank I'll go for that, it's meant to be in June.

Katy xx

Adultwork's Classy_Katy

(07-05-2012, 11:10)Classy_Katy Wrote:
(07-05-2012, 10:04)Lucy83 Wrote: Hi Katy,

That's fantastic Lucy, I'm really pleased for you! I did see you in a private session yesterday evening and I love your profile!

I'd let them build up so you have some money for featuring yourself for phone chat...or you could just use the fact that you're in free IM chat as that can catch the eye of guys who like phone chat. I use daily and hourly featuring, and you can find them on your "my details" page..."feature your profile"..."go" (daily featuring for webcam, phone, alternative if you've signed up for it and sms (which I wouldn't bother with)) and directcam/directchat position for hourly.

You can transfer it 24 hours afterwards and the day for payment processing by AW is on a Tuesday (so even if you transfer them now, you won't get paid them yet) so I transfer once a week late afternoon Tuesdays, then the payment arrives two weeks later.

I use Payoneer and have a prepaid card (I had my card from them within 2 weeks rather than the 4 it states on the site), the payment is made in US dollars and there's a small admin charge from them and I withdraw my money in cash so I lose a bit too on the exchange rate. Don't use Paytoo they've been having problems lately and it took me 2 months to get my money off them. There are cheque and bank options too but I prefer Payoneer as cheapest and simplest for me (there's a high charge to replace a lost cheque and banks will charge for the international transfer as payment is in Euros)...when it's possible to have a payment in GBP to a UK bank I'll go for that, it's meant to be in June.

Katy xx

Thank u hun, i think my profile still needs work and more pics adding but im getting there and i don't want to add too many pics all at once. I will have alook at the payoneer one then it sound like the best one to use anyway but i think i will deffinatly use the bank transfer when it's all set up in june but it might be worth waiting for that coz by the time my payoneer card arrives it's gonna be almost june so i might wait abit xx