Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMS Chat
Hello

I'm sorry if I'm using the forum wrong by posting this here, but I'm new to the forums. I was just wondering when the SMS Chat service on AW went down and whether anyone has any idea when it might come back. I'm dying to start offering this service!

Hope it's back soon!

Pippy x
Hi, this is taken from the current status updates here http://www.adultwork.com/CurrentStatus.asp

SMS (2-Way / Verification / Notifications):

Without prior warning we were informed on Thursday 5 May 2011 that one of our SMS providers were no longer able to provide us with SMS services. They are upholding a complaint forwarded by the UK Phone Regulator who believe that some premium rate messages sent via the Site have been "facilitating prostitution".

We are working with two other SMS providers to get things back up and running as quickly as possible although it's unlikely that this will be completed before Monday 9 May.

What's Affected?

We are unable to receive any messages sent to any of our previously published short codes or long numbers. The impact being that:

we cannot process availability messages sent with the keywords on, off, onpc, onwc, offpc, offwc
we cannot process mobile verification requests for messages sent with the mv keyword
we cannot accept new payment subscriptions to the Phone Number Display scheme or Other Services payment, keywords start pnd, start os and stop pnd, stop os. Members wishing to participate in either of these schemes should ensure they have credits in their account as these will be used instead.
We cannot process incoming phone chat booking actions (accept/reject), normally used in conjunction with the pc keyword.

2-way SMS chat conversations are no longer functional.

Anyone who has not verified their mobile number will no longer be able to do so.

No new booking, new email or new voicemail notifications will be sent. These were reverse charged to your phone bill at £1.00 or £0.50. New email and voicemail notifications have been converted to debit your credits account, (buy credits). The new booking notifications are currently under review by the UK Phone regulator for suitability.

No reverse booking bid notifications will be sent.

SMS Angel sms functionality is offline.

What's not affected?

Members who have already verified their mobile phone will be able to use many of the Site's SMS features and we're moving as much SMS functionality as possible to alternate providers, subject to what the regulator permits.

The majority of free to receive notifications such as webcam and phone chat bookings, (although you can't reply to phone chat messages).

Buying credits by SMS

New email and new voicemail notifications have been changed to use credits instead of reverse charged SMS messages. Now the SMS comes for free but your credits account is debited. (Manage your alerts or buy credits.)

When will things be back up and running?

We've been advised that it takes 4-6 weeks to get new short codes and new long numbers, for access from overseas. That having been said, we envisage being up and running on a shared short code within a matter of days (early week commencing 8/5/2011). Overseas members are going to be unable to verify their phone numbers or text in for at least two weeks whilst a new long number is provisioned.

We understand the impact this will be having on your business activities and we would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused. At the same time we would like to thank you for your patience while we try to get things back to normal ASAP. Rest assured we are doing our utmost to get things back online but are at the mercy of suppliers, provisioing third-parties and regulators.

Thanks
UK Office landline number is 02080508019 12midday - 2pm Monday - Friday

adultworkbanner4
Thanks but why are the dates on this for May last year? It's still down now so if it's been down since then I think I'll give up on trying to offer this!
Yeh, I wouldnt hold your breath for it. Maybe in the future it will come back once things are sorted but for now it doesnt appear so, sorry.

adultworkbanner4
Ok, cheers.
hi this is a major problem for me, it means I can't webcam.
I've had a verified profile for a long time & 2 days ago got a new mobile phone, I decided to update this on my profile but when I tried to cam with JCI it told me:
Server Status : Your profile is not set-up as offering webcam, DirectCam or DirectIM services
... now I can't earn $£ on cam.
I've contacted my mobile provider Orange, 3 times to check the adult filter is off & it is, I'm obviously over 18 as I was confirmed with my old number just a few days ago & happily caming.
if it's not sorted soon I'll have to cam elsewhere, though I'll still use AW for pics & videos.
WAW they replied fast & fixed TY AW =)
Ok Admin advice pls...
everytime I log in it asks me to verify my phone, I can click 'Skip/Continue'
then it takes me to my profile & texts me a new code?
is this because it takes 24 hours for the system to verify the code I've sent?
I've sent the code 6 times now I wont send it again in the hopes it will sort itself lol
Hi, just to check, you get the code to your phone and enter it here http://www.adultwork.com/MobileActivation.asp

then when you login again it still asks to verify the mobile?

adultworkbanner4
Not any more that link fixed it thank you very much =)
xox