Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Help needed
Hello, a friend of mine who is not an adult work member has had adult work show up on her credit card statement. It shows the name of the user. Is there anyway to find the users profile to see if it is someone she recognises. She is very very distressed about this. I have tried using the search facility on the adultwork site but it comes up saying no user is recognised. It is her new credit card statement though so must have been within the last month.
Loose morals, tight fanny…isn't that enough?
If it is a male user ie a 'service searcher' I am not aware on ANY way of finding out who it is. This is to prevent any unethical WGs approaching guys when they are not interested. Doesnt help your situation and I'm not really sure if AW will be all that help either. They are ok when it is not going to cost them but apart from that we are usually on to plums. I think its a case of getting in touch with CC company. Dont know if they will return her money but she can cancel card and get a new one.

Not really a lot of help I know but gives you something to start with till someone who can help more comes along.
Contact me on 07591889797 for any details of services.
Your bank will be able to tell the ip address of the transaction, and if it's not you, then they should give you a refund. The bank is the way to go...
(04-12-2011, 16:34)ChloeKisses Wrote: Hello, a friend of mine who is not an adult work member has had adult work show up on her credit card statement. It shows the name of the user. Is there anyway to find the users profile to see if it is someone she recognises. She is very very distressed about this. I have tried using the search facility on the adultwork site but it comes up saying no user is recognised. It is her new credit card statement though so must have been within the last month.

Hi Chloe,
I'm not sure that that sounds like a genuine Adult Work billing. The username is not shown on a genuine billing, and it doesn't show as adultwork, it shows as awork.com it may include Gibralter in the description, but that's all that shows up.

Does anyone else have access to her account? The other possibility is that the bank have made an error and posted it to the wrong account.

Either way if it shouldn't be there, as Gia rightly says the bank are responsible for sorting it out for you. Make them earn their money!
As far as I am aware no banks or any financial institution will give you any details of who used the card or where it was used, not even the ip address, due to Data protection.

You simply report the transaction to the card issuer, as not known by you or not a transaction you authorised and theywill refund the money claiming it back from Adultwork or whoever else it was paid to.

Credit cards are most unhelpful but they will refund you regardless.

sarah
Nick is right, it should read awork.com (which isnt as discrete as I had hoped but that is another story) and nothing else so refer straight back to the bank / credit card company and ask them to investigate - there should be guarantees in place for such transactions. It is no different to a standard 'hack' of an account and they should refund the money.
Awork.co.uk not adultwork shows up on statements so if she is sure it is an unauthorized transaction phone the bank and ask them to do a chargeback.