Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

highlight of the year
So we are suddenly in December and I suddenly find myself logging onto the forum (something I haven't done for AGES) and reflecting over everthing i've done this year.

How many new and great people i've met.... and how i'm really rubbish at remembering to keep contact going!!

All the new things i've tried, and plan on trying. I'm not sure if I could pick my greatest achievement right now- i'll need to think about it... but how about you? What's your 'highlight of the year'
Well, I can think of one or two things!

But I have some regrets too

Its always swings and roundabouts though.
Professionally, its been a dreadful year for various reasons, but personally, one of the best I have had in decades.
And the latter, makes the former, inconsequential. Smile
since beginning of sept its been fab
I have to say that my highlight has been the lovely girls I have met on here. Actually I think my discovery of this forum has been a tremendous highlight despite the one or two well deserved flamings!

Talking to Kate yesterday, reminded me of the huge benefits in terms of the boost to my self-confidence, and in terms of making me a bit more inclined to get off my backside and do something instead of moaning about my lot. As I have said before you girls really are at the frontline of the counselling profession. So thank you everyone!
I just want to have fun Tongue
(03-12-2011, 17:00)Nick Meanswell Wrote: I have to say that my highlight has been the lovely girls I have met on here. Actually I think my discovery of this forum has been a tremendous highlight despite the one or two well deserved flamings!

Talking to Kate yesterday, reminded me of the huge benefits in terms of the boost to my self-confidence, and in terms of making me a bit more inclined to get off my backside and do something instead of moaning about my lot. As I have said before you girls really are at the frontline of the counselling profession. So thank you everyone!

Sometimes you just need someone to listen and recognise your potential, as it's hard to see it in yourself until someone else points it out to you. I really do think you should act upon what we were talking about and who knows where you might be this time next year?
I was brave enough to leave everything I know and everyone I love behind, get on a plane, and travel to the other side of the world on my own. I've learned so much about myself, pushed myself to the limit, and I have no regrets!

My shipping boxes arrived this morning - and now I can't believe it's been 6 months already. Going home is starting to feel real... I'll be very sad to leave... But on the other hand I can't wait to be in the arms of my Hubby to be... Kiss my amazing Mum, and cuddle my brave Daddy who has been fighting cancer for the last year. I cant wait to see my Siblings who are my best mates... Play with my adorable, cheeky nephews whom I love, and bond with my little niece who I hardly know. And last but never least, have my cat Sachi sleep with her head on my pillow and purr me to sleep!

I finally see how lucky I am to have everything I have - so that is the real highlight of 2011, for sure Smile
I have had many highlights in this year and probably as many low points
but most of them are in my personnal life
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

I have had many highlights this year, particuarly around the 5th September. It has been a mixed year though and the lowest point was January 25th when I lost my F.I.L. - RIP Peter.

Overall though, the discovery of this Forum has been a major highpoint together with 5/9/11 - Woohoo