Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

this is stupidity
(02-12-2011, 13:03)JOT2000 Wrote: Sometimes people do things that they know they shouldn't. Addictive behaviour is actually quite common, but most people can exercise some control, however some can't. Addictive eating is a disfunction which needs help, just as much as any other disorder, maybe we should be feeling sorry for the woman, as she obviously has not received the help she requires?

I would agree if that were the case but the article reads as if she wants to do it, rather than having such an addiction. Cant feel sorry for her in that situation.
I appreciate she has made a choice. And that it is one most will disagree with. So we tend to think 'how selfish'. But I think going along a self destruction route, is not healthy behaviour, so I tend to think it is a 'cry for help' type of thing, and she could (and should) be helped.
I see it also says she is 'under contract' to a media Co, so surely they should foot any bills. Although how they will recompense the kids, I don't know.
Anyway, just felt I would try to express my opinion. Not looking for any fights!
BTW I am NO expert in any of this! So I am probably totally wrong!
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. ~Irish Proverb
Hi jot2000 see you are new to the forum so welcome and I agree with you about that women probably is a cry for help in a weird way but may be being paid or something for it too. Still think it's awful to leet yourself go that badly but my opinion.
(02-12-2011, 13:29)JOT2000 Wrote: I appreciate she has made a choice. And that it is one most will disagree with. So we tend to think 'how selfish'. But I think going along a self destruction route, is not healthy behaviour, so I tend to think it is a 'cry for help' type of thing, and she could (and should) be helped.
I see it also says she is 'under contract' to a media Co, so surely they should foot any bills. Although how they will recompense the kids, I don't know.
Anyway, just felt I would try to express my opinion. Not looking for any fights!

JOT - please dont think I would want to fight either and we do welcome other opinions as well. I confess I hadnt spotted the 'under contract' part in the story. That makes it all the more worse IMO! I agree with you that the media co should foot the bill; they should also be taken to task for encouraging her if that is what they have done.

Dont let me (or anyone else) appear to quosh your opinions. I certainly didnt go out to do that and I am sure no-one else would either.

Enjoy the forum. We are a friendly bunch, honest Big Grin
(02-12-2011, 13:46)monty69 Wrote:
(02-12-2011, 13:29)JOT2000 Wrote: I appreciate she has made a choice. And that it is one most will disagree with. So we tend to think 'how selfish'. But I think going along a self destruction route, is not healthy behaviour, so I tend to think it is a 'cry for help' type of thing, and she could (and should) be helped.

JOT - please dont think I would want to fight either and we do welcome other opinions as well. I confess I hadnt spotted the 'under contract' part in the story. That makes it all the more worse IMO! I agree with you that the media co should foot the bill; they should also be taken to task for encouraging her if that is what they have done.

Dont let me (or anyone else) appear to quosh your opinions. I certainly didnt go out to do that and I am sure no-one else would either.

Enjoy the forum. We are a friendly bunch, honest Big Grin

No we love to mastdebate here Tongue You never know you might even influence some of us to your way of thinking.

It's all wrong that is still my opinion Smile Plus if she is getting paid to do what she is doing then all the worse, as she is never going to accept help, even if it is handed to her on a plate while she has the idea of abig pay out in front of her.
Oh my lord... I don't even know what to say... This is wrong on so many levels...

If you have ever seen documentaries on 'feeder' relationships you will realise that in the beginning, this may not have been her choice. Now she is being exploited whether she likes it or not - as she has a media contract, and more people paying her to keep this up.

I can't imagine anyone actually enjoying this... It's beyond me. Before she knows it, she won't be able to move... She'll get bedsores... She will most likely lose limbs to gangrene and the likes... That is if her heart holds out long enough.

I am disgusted, through and through.