Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Documentary... The WI Lady's Guide to Brothels...
Thumbs Up 
I know many of you would have already seen this documentary... I saw it years ago in Oz before I had started working. Have just watched again and it is a wonderful unveiling of how sex works as a commodity, and why legalisation is the way to go for all concerned!

Follow Jean and Shirley... Two delightful WI ladies (in their 60's!) who were brave enough to visit brothels around the world and see what they are really like. They then came back to England and handed a petition into 10 Downing street. The petition was signed by 4000 people - and they hoped to have at least 7000 signatures once the petition reached WI's nationally.

I havent yet looked into how this all went... The film was made in 2009... I hope their hard work is making some impact somewhere!!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/a-wi-...othels/4od
If you can grit your teeth and get through this article (some bits are just plain wrong) - it is worth a read...

I have not yet been able to find much recent info relatiing to the doco... Anyone know if the WI have now come to a standstill with this?

If you haven't seen the doco - Please give it a go!!

I will keep up the search for more info Smile
I get the feeling this might be why things are progressing so slowly!!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-26...mpics.html
Thank you for the link to the programme. It was an excellent documentary, and just shows that if you bring the subject out in the open, people don't see it as such a bad thing.

Apparently the National WI weren't so keen, which I think is a shame. It just shows that there are still a lot of people who prefer to bury their heads in the sand. The WI is supposed to be a fellowship of women and whilst it has traditionally been thought of as consisting of prim country ladies of a certain age, initiatives such as this and the Calendar Girls, just goes to show that they can be enlightened, and generally it makes for a healthier and more open society, so more power to their elbow.

In fact if more working girls were to get involved with the WI, it could become a force to be reckoned with. If changes are to be made to improve conditions in the sex industry this may well be the most likely route by which to achieve it.
Thanks for posting this link Miss G. Not watched yet, but I like this type of documentary. Sounds interesting.