Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Smoking
With another attack on the smoker this morning, what do you think about smoking?

Do you smoke?
If so what made you start?
Do you want to give up?
How do you feel about people that smoke?
How do you feel about the persecution of smokers by some?

I do not smoke never have nor would I start, I do understand that it can be an addiction, so can be hard for people to give up.

Personally I am glad of the smoking ban in pubs etc. the air is cleaner and your clothes do not carry the smell of other people smoking

Smokers can be inconsiderate, they are often seen walking around in crowded streets waving their cigarette around and even holding them low which can result in harm to children passing by. Clothes are often burnt by other peoples cigarettes.

Smokers cost the NHS a fortune, true, but I am sure that if you were a business and took the income from the tax on smokers and deducted the cost of NHS treatment you would probably be in profit.

Just to get the topic going...

Sarah
yeah i smoke i try not to around others who dont, yeah i'll give up

if u are bringing up smoking bring up alcoholics & obese folk who say they have thyroid or some gene problem where in reality they just stuff their faces & junkies etc ....

personally i would put alkies & junkies in a like a concentration camp in the middle of nowhere, let them kill themselves stop them annoying others

would also bring back capital punishment instant death for any crime, that would save on prisons also make folk wary of doing anything
In the same vein, Alkis, Junkies, Obese People, are pumping THEMSELVES full of the stuff that is there vice. Smokers are polluting the atmosphere and can be causing cancer (like lung cancer or similar) to people they are smoking around.

I best go book a bed in that concentration camp in the middle of nowhere, cos im an alcoholic - albeit a non drinking one now, but still an alcoholic.
Contact me on 07591889797 for any details of services.
alkies u have the ones who think they can drive & end up killing folk then might get a year, they pollute everywhere causing trouble, same with junkies, obese ones no one forces them to be that size

as for the nhs they should scrap it, make each individual pay for their own treatment working or not
I smoke...

I have attempted to quit multiple times and failed...

I will quit again, and succeed one day.

If you don't smoke, then dont smoke and keep your opinions to yourself. What other people do or why they do it is none of your business... I put attacks on smokers in the same bin as bible bashers... No-one needs to hear your opinions on smoking and how bad it is. Smokers know that already - and you're not really going to change anything.
My friend swears by a book by a guy called Alan Carr - not sure about the spelling of the name though.

The bit is Gia, when they bring the stench into our apartments IT DOES AFFECT US and subsequent clients visiting us. But thats for us to organise and kick them out !
(16-11-2011, 12:09)lolo Wrote: alkies u have the ones who think they can drive & end up killing folk then might get a year, they pollute everywhere causing trouble, same with junkies, obese ones no one forces them to be that size

as for the nhs they should scrap it, make each individual pay for their own treatment working or not

And how do you differentiate between who has 'made themself ill' through self indulgence and someone elses actions ................ its a no brainer really.

I have read the book and it's very good... I've now got a meditation tape to listen to instead, so hopefully that will get me somewhere... I also use patches for a week or so to help me out with the initial stages. They are amazing and I hardly think about smoking when I use them.

Precisely... If you don't like smokers coming into your home, then don't allow them to come. Unfortunately in our business we allow people into our homes/places of work that we don't know... That's a risk WE take... And you can't really blame it all on the smoker Smile
u cant blame anyone else no one holds a gun to a persons head to make them do something
I got a meditation tape off of docs once - did absolutely nothing and possibly put my blood pressure up - kept talking about 'relaxing your forearms' to which I used to scream at the tape 'ive only got two arms you stupid fucker' I know what it really meant but it did my tits in so much I couldnt help it.

Same with sat nav the other week on journey down to carlisle. Got me to a certain point where it was saying 'in 500 yards turn righ' but the road signs were saying straight ahead. I followed the road signs and arrived safely, only for the sat nav to politely announce 'you have now reached your destination' to which im shouting (at sat nav .... sitting in car on my own btw) 'aye but no fkn thanks to you you bastard'. Think my fuse was a little short with the drive.