Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

WAKE-UP CALL ABOUT DEPO-PROVERA
PLEASE READ THIS STORY !!

I know what this Girl is Going tho, I'm in the same boat!!

Got to take some time off now on Adultwork only 10days or so

Due to Bleeding for too long then i should & Back Pain!

A nightmare of pain and disability for a healthy young woman.

An articulate about a young woman call Julie B.
whose life fell apart after she received a series of Depo-Provera shots for birth control.
Until she went to an astute chiropractor, she had no idea that the Depo-Provera was causing her symptoms, and neither did the many doctors she went to, in spite of the fact that backache and skin rash are known side effects.
The supposed ease and convenience of this drug as a means of birth control seems to be particularly appealing to young women who want quick, easy solutions.
They assume it is safe because their doctors will prescribe it.
We suspect that many thousands of young women are suffering this way, and hope that Julie’s letter will be a wake-up call to both young women and their parents, to stay far away from this terrible drug.

CLICK THE LINK Hope that Julies letter is a wake up call!
CHECK OUT MY AW PROFILE:

http://www.adultwork.com/ViewProfile.asp?UserID=503569

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @AW_Edwards

xXx H xXx

I was on the depo for over a decade. I was on it before I had my son and fell pregnant with him 6 months after stopping. It stopped me having horrible mood swings and periods.

I think what this does do is remind us that you can not rely on a GP to know everything and not to take anything without doing research first. Really it is our responsibility to know what the possible side effects are of something we are taking and then if they do become apparent you can visit the GP armed with understanding of where your problems may be linked.
I wish I knew all of this before I went on it 5 Years ago!
My back is fucked, and just getting my bleeds back, 8mths commin off it, That was helped by takin the Pill.
I had a 6 week nor stop bleed, and pains in my right side, had scans, had smear! etc etc

You sound like the lucky one Smile maybe the drug back then was a lot weaker!
CHECK OUT MY AW PROFILE:

xXx H xXx

(14-11-2011, 22:52)Heather_Edwards Wrote: I wish I knew all of this before I went on it 5 Years ago!
My back is fucked, and just getting my bleeds back, 8mths commin off it, That was helped by takin the Pill.
I had a 6 week nor stop bleed, and pains in my right side, had scans, had smear! etc etc

Lol how old do you think I am Heather? I only came off it 2 years ago hun x
i heard so many side effects and horror stories i said i would never touch that form of birth control and i looked in to each one. the bit that put me off any side effect will take 12 weeks or longer to wear off.
Come check out my profile
Or if you fancy a threesome click here

See my updates on Twitter @jayzee77cam
(15-11-2011, 08:04)jayzee77 Wrote: i heard so many side effects and horror stories i said i would never touch that form of birth control and i looked in to each one. the bit that put me off any side effect will take 12 weeks or longer to wear off.

This was my point Jayzee. We must take responsibility for our own actions and to plead ignorance and outrage after it has all gone wrong is a bit lame.

I avoided the implant for this reason. I had heard horror stories about how it was removed and didn't fancy going through the ordeal.

I think you also know your body better than anyone else and if you are likely to be one of the ones who will have bad side effects. Apart from the IBS mine seems to be tough as old boots, so it was worth giving it a try and as Heather says, I was one of the lucky ones.

Having said that, entering into my late 30s I was adviced to come off it due to other possible side effects for older ladies, so I took the advice and went on to the mini pill, which also seems to have suited me well.
I have to avoid anything with hormones really, mini pill started my migraines, progesterone pill made me horrid apparently!

Tried the copper coil but couldn't cope with the periods that came with that one so i have a mirena coil seeing how that goes.. not keen on the hormones but have to see how the migraines progress on it.

The migraines were horrid, anything up to 3 per week at their height.

I would get sterilised but Dr.C isn't keen on that.
Come check out my profile
Or if you fancy a threesome click here

See my updates on Twitter @jayzee77cam
(15-11-2011, 10:13)jayzee77 Wrote: I have to avoid anything with hormones really, mini pill started my migraines, progesterone pill made me horrid apparently!

Tried the copper coil but couldn't cope with the periods that came with that one so i have a mirena coil seeing how that goes.. not keen on the hormones but have to see how the migraines progress on it.

The migraines were horrid, anything up to 3 per week at their height.

I would get sterilised but Dr.C isn't keen on that.

(((((jayzee)))))
(14-11-2011, 22:55)CurvaceousKate Wrote:
(14-11-2011, 22:52)Heather_Edwards Wrote: I wish I knew all of this before I went on it 5 Years ago!

I misread, thought u took the Depo for a long time then caught with your son 18yrs ago, God no yr not old, I dont look at the age, My sister is 45, and I wanna get my hands on KDB body Smile anyway MILF Rocks!!!

Anyway back to the Subject, I didn't knew the side effects, thinking yeah I trust my doctor they know best and all that, but god I dont trust no1 now!!!
Just hope this bleed is normal and not gonna bleed for 6 weeks like last time, Just wanna be a women agian!!!
Yeah it was fun without periods but puttin on 3 stone weight gain, hair thinner, bones that are clickin in my back, moods, I could go on!!
Just wanna clear my body, and will go on a Detox after xmas, thats what I need, just need to be careful.

But warn others and it's up to them?

As anyone else used or using the Depo??
Any side effects??
CHECK OUT MY AW PROFILE:

xXx H xXx

(15-11-2011, 10:20)Heather_Edwards Wrote:
(14-11-2011, 22:55)CurvaceousKate Wrote:

I misread, thought u took the Depo for a long time then caught with your son 18yrs ago, God no yr not old, I dont look at the age, My sister is 45, and I wanna get my hands on KDB body Smile anyway MILF Rocks!!!

Anyway back to the Subject, I didn't knew the side effects, thinking yeah I trust my doctor they know best and all that, but god I dont trust no1 now!!!
Just hope this bleed is normal and not gonna bleed for 6 weeks like last time, Just wanna be a women agian!!!
Yeah it was fun without periods but puttin on 3 stone weight gain, hair thinner, bones that are clickin in my back, moods, I could go on!!
Just wanna clear my body, and will go on a Detox after xmas, thats what I need, just need to be careful.

But warn others and it's up to them?

As anyone else used or using the Depo??
Any side effects??

You have learned an invaluable lesson if nothing else from this. Never trust your doctor and I would never go to a doctor for contraception, as the sexual health clinic are far more clued up and always tell you about possible side effects, as that is what they do. A GP = General practitioner, can only know so much, as their knowledge is vast but limited. Always look into things further if it is more important than a cold or broken leg etc. Never feel guilty asking for a 2nd opinion.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When Is The Wake.... sarahxxx 4 4,019 06-07-2013, 22:13
Last Post: daveyoung981