Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

NEVER forget about your family ... No matter how busy you are.
Thanks for the story Makes you see how easy it is to TFG (take for granted) when we are all busy in our lives. We all do it and it realising that we do before it's too late sometimes.

I didnt put the little passage online to give anyone a guilt trip re their rearing of their family.

We all do what we have to do to survive, sometimes we get it right, sometimes we make mistakes. I just put the passage here to remind us that it only takes 5 mins to tell our loved ones what they mean to us ......... most people practice SHOWING that love 24/7 but it doesnt mean we love our children more. Some people just arent very good at showing their feelings.

I am of the age group that when my children were born I was 'expected' to stop work and look after them, fortunately this was what I also WANTED to do so there was no argument. I also had a husband who was in a well paid job who was a good provider and I never went without for anything.

This however doesnt make me any better or any worse than anyone else, it just makes me ME. Big Grin

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Contact me on 07591889797 for any details of services.
I went to college when my son was 9months old. I felt totally brain dead after 9 months of being at home or attending baby clubs etc and I think my son at the time enjoyed spending time with other children of the same age. He has always been very sociable. I then moved to Cyprus when he was 18 months old to be with his Dad (although truth be known I didn't want to). He loved it there though and spent most of his time naked playing in the shade or on the beach when I finally learnt to drive. He had me there for most of the first 3 years of his life and in some respects I was lucky to be able to choose what I wanted to do with my time. I was very involved in charitable organisations at the time too and did voluntary Youth Work and I was a Rainbow Leader etc.

I think the difference then was that if he was not with me, for the majority of the time he was with his Dad, so he was getting the best of everything too. Unfortunately things very much changed when we came back to the UK.

You didn't make me feel guilty Linzi. I already did. I was just telling you my story.
Kate, if you did what you did for the right reason then you have no reason to feel guilty. Your son was your priority and like I said, we just have to do what we have to do to survive.
(10-11-2011, 22:17)Lady_Lust_XXX Wrote: I know I must bore people with the way I go on about my family but they are the most precious things in my life. Many don't want children, me, I wanted four and had four ................ then got rid of the sperminator ............ no longer required.

Now, dont get me wrong ............ at some point I did love him ............ and knew I would never want to settle down with anyone else once we had split up .... but I'm too selfish in my ways ............ and many will say 'set in my ways too.'

Read the following passage today and had to share it with you.

If you havent told someone in your family today that you love them, what are you waiting for ...................

Here is the little passage I read :

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son ...waiting for him at the door.

SON: 'Daddy, may I ask you a question?'

DAD: 'Yeah sure, what it is?' replied the man.

SON: 'Daddy, how much do you make an hour?'

DAD: 'That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?' the man said angrily.

SON: 'I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?'

DAD: 'If you must know, I make $50 an hour.'

SON: 'Oh,' the little boy replied, with his head down.

SON: 'Daddy, may I please borrow $25?'

The father was furious, 'If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I don't work hard everyday for such childish frivolities.'

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think:

Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $25.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

'Are you asleep, son?' He asked.

'No daddy, I'm awake,' replied the boy.

'I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier' said the man. 'It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $25 you asked for.'

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. 'Oh, thank you daddy!' he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.

The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.

The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.

'Why do you want more money if you already have some?' the father grumbled.

'Because I didn't have enough, but now I do,' the little boy replied.

'Daddy, I have $50 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you.'

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness.

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts. Do remember to share that $50 worth of your time with someone you love.

Ok, I'm a slush ............. part of my make up .............. love it or loathe it, its me.
Linzi - I don't know where you found this, but thank you so much for sharing it, it has really given some serious food for thought!

Nick
I just want to have fun Tongue
Thanks Nick, haven't seen you online before so I'll say hello to you.

I don't know where I read the passage - might have been on that disgusting 'social network site' facebook.
linzi poshprat has changed his name to nick
I think I might go home to Australia now! Sad
Ah thanks for that info, think I might have preferred calling him a prat Big Grin he is a spoilsport aint he?

(17-11-2011, 15:31)Lady_Lust_XXX Wrote: Thanks Nick, haven't seen you online before so I'll say hello to you.

I don't know where I read the passage - might have been on that disgusting 'social network site' facebook.

I'm afraid you have seen me online before - on Kate's advice I've changed my online name from PoshPrat - new image, hopefully more thoughtful comments - I know that if I fall down I'll be told! Reading posts like yours certainly makes me evaluate my own circumstances in a new light.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Forget chocolate for Christmas...Buy a Threesome! AnnabelleCollins 4 6,559 07-12-2016, 23:57
Last Post: Mistress_Silk