Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

HPV shots
The conventional wisdom was that vaccinating girls only would ensure a critical mass was achieved.
Sex workers and gay groups have long been campaigning for a change.
In Britain, the cost to the NHS is also a factor in a girls only vaccination strategy.
The Federal government in America has just given approval for routine vaccination of boys.
http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/25/322...ended.html
It goes back to the whole girls and women are responsible for the spread of STD's.

[Image: cleanVD_gif_300x1000_q85.jpg]
HPV can catch on to skin to skin!
I have had HPV thats how I got ill in 2008!
And it causes cancer!

I do hope under 16's have the vaccination as I was having sex at 14, too yound when I look back!
But with a fucked up childhood, I wanted to be loved! That's a other story!
CHECK OUT MY AW PROFILE:

http://www.adultwork.com/ViewProfile.asp?UserID=503569

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @AW_Edwards

xXx H xXx

(27-10-2011, 11:15)Laudanum Wrote: It goes back to the whole girls and women are responsible for the spread of STD's.

Hoping that's meant as a joke!

It was a cost cutting exercise, vaccinate the women so they are immune to the virus (and save some women dying painfully of cervical cancer) Once all women are immune to the virus it will start to die out, as an infected man can no longer pass the virus on to a woman, and obviously if she is immune she can't pass it on to her next partner.

Obviously it won't die out completely until they start immunising men too as it can still be passed on within the homosexual community, but it should greatly reduce future infection rates.

(27-10-2011, 18:27)MrSmith767 Wrote: Hoping that's meant as a joke!

Nope. It's a cost cutting exercise now, yes. However, back in the fifties and predating that, women were blamed for men having affairs, and blamed for the spread of venereal diseases etc. If a man had an extra marital affair, it wasn't his fault, it was blamed on the woman who enticed him away. It was extremely sad, women were very wrongly blamed for many things, expected to be obedient and compliant, whereas men could do as they pleased, and any wrongdoing was given a blind eye.