Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Adultwork should be responsilbe for fraud by unverified members
thought id chuck in my 5 cents. yeah this really is different to someone buying goods with a stolen card in a shop, because as has been pointed out if that happened the police could be involved and you could sue for compensation which we cannot. another thing worth mentioning, admin mentioned you dont have to be verified to work on here, but im pretty sure you do because its a legal requirement to make sure no content is being provided by underage people, thats standard for any cam site or content site etc.
it would be unheard of to require clients verify off the bat however, and would deter people because they could use other site without the faff. i would say however that other sites at least encourage it by capping the amount someone can spend without verification (chaturbate for example)
alas i doubt this is something that is ever going to change, although i dont think a spending limit to encourage verification would be a problem as its the method used in larger sites.
i think it is possible for you to insure yourself against fraud if you insure under 'small business' (perhaps), although i have no idea if it would be worth it. considering theres no such spending limit on aw it does mean that there is potential for you to loose out on large amounts of money so it could be. thankfully i work mostly on cb now so i know i cant loose more than £7.50 per fraudulent transaction and its not like they happen often, infact ive not experienced it at all as of yet!
finally, im sorry this happened! i cant image how frustrating and disappointing it must be to loose out on getting paid for work you did. i hope it doesnt happen again any time soon!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adultwork should be responsilbe for fraud by unverified members - by Daisy_Daydream - 05-12-2020, 03:48