Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

yorkshire day
Godforsaken more like it Ann smogsville
That's what I'd heard Emily... godforsaken. (excuse the typo!)
Have you never been you hit hartlepool and it is pure smog not pleasant I worked in middlesborough and stockton for about 5 months doing a normal job a few years ago it was awful I hated it
dont think i have ever come across smog
(02-08-2011, 12:39)lolo Wrote: dont think i have ever come across smog

I promise you Lolo, you havent missed anything. Thankfully we havent had a proper smog in this country for many years but the ones you occasionally get down south and more frequently up north are maed up from water vapour in the air + pollution from the vehicles - leaving a pretty evil fog that makes you cough.

The old smog was made up of smoke from people's fires, industrial chimneys, pollution from vehicles, water vapour etc etc and was really evil. It is the main reason why so many of our historic buildings across the country have been cleaned over the last 30 years - to get rid of the effects of the 'acid rain' we used to get.
(02-08-2011, 11:09)Emily of Halifax Wrote: Have you never been you hit hartlepool and it is pure smog not pleasant I worked in middlesborough and stockton for about 5 months doing a normal job a few years ago it was awful I hated it

So are you saying you are not normal now Emily.Big GrinBig Grin
[Image: 1o8w5awg23aeedjpukvy.jpg]

(02-08-2011, 12:46)monty69 Wrote:

I promise you Lolo, you havent missed anything. Thankfully we havent had a proper smog in this country for many years but the ones you occasionally get down south and more frequently up north are maed up from water vapour in the air + pollution from the vehicles - leaving a pretty evil fog that makes you cough.

The old smog was made up of smoke from people's fires, industrial chimneys, pollution from vehicles, water vapour etc etc and was really evil. It is the main reason why so many of our historic buildings across the country have been cleaned over the last 30 years - to get rid of the effects of the 'acid rain' we used to get.

Middlesborough and Billingham have a lot of high industry chemical plants such as ICI Wilton that throw out clouds like there is no tomorrow thats why people from the borough are called smoggies

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-ea...-16145402/

(02-08-2011, 12:56)Freddo Wrote:
(02-08-2011, 11:09)Emily of Halifax Wrote: Have you never been you hit hartlepool and it is pure smog not pleasant I worked in middlesborough and stockton for about 5 months doing a normal job a few years ago it was awful I hated it

One thing I dont think I have ever been in normal even when I have done office jobs 9-5 I dont think I was classed as normalBig Grin

(02-08-2011, 13:24)Emily of Halifax Wrote:
(02-08-2011, 12:46)monty69 Wrote:

Middlesborough and Billingham have a lot of high industry chemical plants such as ICI Wilton that throw out clouds like there is no tomorrow thats why people from the borough are called smoggies

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-ea...-16145402/

(02-08-2011, 12:56)Freddo Wrote:

One thing I dont think I have ever been in normal even when I have done office jobs 9-5 I dont think I was classed as normalBig Grin

Steady Emily re calling us Smoggies!!!!

What you say was indeed ture when i was a lad there was a line about 50 yards wide that could clearly be seen from the air where the sulphur was deposited on the ground as the air rose out the valley that Teesside is in.

Sadly (and i mean sadly) the tories decimated Teesside's heavy industry as later did cheap imports from Asia where they can produce chemicals cheaply and not care about diasters like Bopal and as a result the air is now very clean.

We tend to pay for cleaner air by not being a major industrial force anymore as a country!
You now nave a new name Hicky from now on you are Hicky the Smoggie lol