Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

barking dogs
we have one at the other end of the road that barks constantly, whenever the guy goes to work, now have rung the sspca they have visited as it has food water they cant do anything its a pitbull cross with something

saw monitors that are supposed to stop dogs in other houses barking,

do they work ?
No idea Lolo but would also be interested as my Collie Rosie barks far too much - drives me mad sometimes. Cant cure her of it, and just occasionally she gets either thumped or something thrown at her but she take no notice at all! Typical bitch for you ha ha
If you mean the shock collars or spray collars no they dont and animal organisations generally advise against using them. We had this discussion with a woman that runs a local charity when we were looking into a way to stop mica barking she basically said if they want to bark they will.

To me it sounds like the dog is suffering from seperation anxiety if the owner is out all day its asking for attention. The only way to slightly get over it is to try and get them into a fixed routine so they know when you are going to be there and when you are not dogs are very much creatures of habit and dont like there routines disrupted.

Personally I feel leaving a dog alone all day is not a healthy thing to do as they by nature are very needy animals
its this emily

http://www.primrose.co.uk/barkbuster-bar...p-765.html
Dont think I would go for that it says it is alarming and uncomfortable for the dog which could lead the dog to develop other problems.

One of the comments made says it has shut there neighbours dog up and it is now frightened of going into the garden no dog should be made to feel like this. Its the owner that needs educating one way or another not the dog that needs to suffer.

Do you actually know him and is he approachable to be spoken to about the situation we have been round most of our neighbours explaining our situation so that they are understanding maybe you could broach the matter with him there maybe a solution for instance does he have someone that could pop by a couple of times a day to reassure the dog let him know that the dog sounds very distressed when he is not there if he thinks anything about his animal this might strike home.
very unapproachable he leaves sometimes at 6am or before doesnt get back to 11 the noise is constant
Dont know what to suggest clearly he is not keeping it out of love as he is never there to give it any, what about excercise does it get any, sounds to me like he is keeping it as a guard dog and nothing else god its people like that that really boil my piss. What type is it please tell me its not some type of staffie or similar because if it is that is obviously why he is keeping it
pitbull cross dont know if its a staffie when he does take it out it always muzzled
I just knew you were going to say that pure status symbol, next question I he 6ft plus built like a brick shit house with a shaved head and loads of gold walking like a carpet carrier
you could call the council, don't they deal with noise complaints?

Sounds like the dog is bored out of its brains, shouldn't be left for that long I agree. Do the SSPCA know how long it is left for with out excerise. sounds like the SSPCA are as bad as the RSPCA.
Come check out my profile
Or if you fancy a threesome click here

See my updates on Twitter @jayzee77cam

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the dogs Emily of Halifax 8 11,146 16-06-2011, 22:34
Last Post: vivienne