Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Government prostitution inquiry imminent: deadline 18th Feb
(11-02-2016, 18:23)Likes-Big-Girls Wrote: Equally sadly I have to agree with you - it won't be. However, it might just push them far enough to understand that what is being proposed by Spelman et al actually damages the very people it purports to protect and should therefore be rejected. At best we might actually get something positive from the committee and at the very least the maintenance of the status quo.

Of course there will be many hurdles to overcome before recommendations from committees can be turned into Laws but this will be the most determined effort yet and who knows what private discussions have already taken place to gauge the strength of both Government and cross-party support, those pushing for the Law to be introduced will want to see it viewed purely as a human rights issue, Spelman is dismissive to say the least of those women who argue that they became prostitutes by choice and their arguement that the "Nordic model" may make things worse cuts little ice as Spelman doesn't want prostitution to be controlled but eradicated.
I'm really not bothered I like League One.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Government prostitution inquiry imminent: deadline 18th Feb - by Nova70 - 13-02-2016, 08:15