Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Business banking - what a pain in the balls!
Ladies I need to pick your brains for a little while because I'm going around the bend here looking for answers.

Since starting AW I've always had two current accounts, one I used for business/cash in, the other was for personal to pay my drawings into and this method has always served me well for keeping things in order and my account keeping easier.

Just last week however when paying in cash to the account I use for business I asked the cashier to then transfer over £300 from the total I gave him to my other account. He looked at me bemused and asked why I wanted to do it like that (in hindsight, a li'll cheeky of him I think) and I slipped and said 'Ones for business, one's for personal'.

Well, He told me that what I'm doing is against the bank's TOS for my current accounts and that if my account were to be reviewed any time soon I could have both of them closed - which to me came off as a threat rather than friendly advice. Before I left he thrust a business banking leaflet in my hand and then I high tailed it out of there.

The problem is I can't get a business account and that's all I want to do! I want one so I can be just as legitimate as every other honest sole trader, but mention to a bank that you're in adult entertainment and you meet clients face to face and their heads spin before giving you a cold shoulder. I've tried telling a couple of banks that I'm a 'lifestyle consultant', my request to open a business account has gone to underwriters on two occasions and both times I've been asked to supply:

My accounts for this year and projections for next year
My business plan
RESEARCH I've done into this service
Screen shots of my online advertising
And... this is the killer - client testimonials!

I don't want credit nor any loans, I need no financing at all because I'm completely solvent, all I ask is to be permitted the use of a business account just like any other person, for money in and drawings out. Why is this so damn hard for them to grasp?

Ladies, how did you go about getting yourself a business account? Did you have to go down the 'made up' job route or is there a bank out there which will happily accept my application to bank my adult industry earned hundreds because our money is just as good as anyone elses?

I'm getting rather exhausted and disheartened over finding a solution to this issue.

Thanks x

Messages In This Thread
Business banking - what a pain in the balls! - by Ana_X - 15-10-2012, 19:25
RE: Business banking - what a pain in the balls! - by christie - 17-10-2012, 19:52
RE: Business banking - what a pain in the balls! - by xKatieBabyx - 17-10-2012, 01:39