Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Selling Gold
In times of desperation, raising cash or just having a clear out of old broken jewellery I would advise going to

Lois Jewellery

They are based in the Jewellery quarter of Birmingham and have an excellent reputation. They examine your gold in front of you, check it and give you a firm valuation / price. The rate they pay is probably the highest in the country and they can do transfers direct into your account or cash up to £10,000

I have used them twice now and would not use anybody else

Sarah
If there is anyone out there with what they think is a valuable item they may need to sell, for whatever reason, then I strongly suggest they get 2 valuations from companies advertising to buy their gold (usually for pittance). Then also go to an Auction House - Better the latter gets you a higher price!!
(12-07-2011, 19:14)MichelleSins Wrote: If there is anyone out there with what they think is a valuable item they may need to sell, for whatever reason, then I strongly suggest they get 2 valuations from companies advertising to buy their gold (usually for pittance). Then also go to an Auction House - Better the latter gets you a higher price!!

Most postal companies will not tell you how much they pay per gram for gold, they give you a price when you send it in. I took some gold into Hinds a High Street jeweller, they tested it and offered £8.50 per gram, I went to Birmingham at a cost of £45 and got £11.20, worth doing if you are selling enough. There are some "barrow" boys trading via a stall in the shopping centre offering only £7 a gram

Personally I would never send any items to a postal company
Thank you Sarah for the tip - I totally agree about postal companies. Avoid them like the plague. I do have some gold to sell - wish to buy something better and old wedding ring etc does nothing for me now! Was the price you were quoting for 9 carat gold??
I took my wedding ring in to be valued once and I was told it was worthless, bit like my marriage!
Ouch!!
When selling gold or other metals its always advisable to compare the price you have been quoted with pressmans you will find that most of the high street outlets that buy scrap gold sell it onto them(Yes speaking from experience here I used to do quite a bit of pawnbroking a few years ago)

http://www.mastermelts.co.uk/pages/scrap.asp