Adultwork Forum

AWF Members

HTML Image as link

Qries

Super injunctions
What are your thoughts on this issue?

It does seem to be one rule for the rich and one for the poor.
It was hysterical seeing how Ryan Giggs has managed to spread his indiscretions even further by pissing off Twitter users. People who weren't the remotest bit interested in his infidelity suddenly started throwing his story about as a freedom of speech issue.

It would be really interesting to know if he lied in the process of getting his SI - ie. saying the Imogen was blackmailing him. If it's not true - how awful for her.
At the end of the day though, we are all entitled to a bit of privacy, most people here wouldn't want their family or friends knowing what they got up to in private.

Because celebs are in the public eye, the media automatically assume every part of their lives is in the public domain, and they aren't allowed the tiniest bit of privacy.

If he has lied about Imogen trying to blackmail him however, I hope she sues him for every penny he has got for the defamation of her character, and that the courts charge him with perjury to boot.

(23-05-2011, 20:19)MrSmith767 Wrote: At the end of the day though, we are all entitled to a bit of privacy, most people here wouldn't want their family or friends knowing what they got up to in private.

Because celebs are in the public eye, the media automatically assume every part of their lives is in the public domain, and they aren't allowed the tiniest bit of privacy.

If he has lied about Imogen trying to blackmail him however, I hope she sues him for every penny he has got for the defamation of her character, and that the courts charge him with perjury to boot.

Question is .what has he told his Mrs . just sex ,just few times? what he is trying to avoid is Imogen doing double page exposure with text messages saying i love you etc or worse ie yes i will leave her! that would guarantee to cost him 15 million !

(23-05-2011, 20:19)MrSmith767 Wrote: At the end of the day though, we are all entitled to a bit of privacy, most people here wouldn't want their family or friends knowing what they got up to in private....

No, but if something did come out for whatever reason, we couldn't afford to go to the courts and get a super injunction to stop our names being in the papers.

They are asking for additional privileges to protect their image for commercial reasons.

I can understand David Beckham getting upset, because the woman just lied about him sleeping with her. But in the States she's allowed to do it due to freedom of speech.

Here he could have sued her and cleared his name.

However, Ryan Giggs isn't denying he had a six month fling with Imogen. He just doesn't want it to tarnish his reputation.
On the flip side, the press are unlikely to be interested in you or me, unless we were fucking someone famous,

Irrespective of who he is he shouldn't have to live with the fear of having his private life splashed over the front of the News of the Screws. If the only way he can do this is to take out an injunction then so be it.

I have no real interest in which celeb is screwing who, if his wife was clever enough to find out herself that he was playing away, but the last thing she and her kids need is the distress caused by Murdoch's henchmen splashing the story over the front pages is more hurtful to her

Like Imogen. So she gets thrown to the dogs.

Thing is the only reason a lot of these things are news is because the person is trading on their reputation. Look at Tiger Woods, Rooney, Kate Moss - they all had contracts withdrawn as they had sullied their reputations. They may have won contracts back, but that was with firms who didn't mind being associated with them.

Whether you're Robin Cook or Ryan Giggs, of course it's important to know. Having said that, Ryan Gigs is far more of a role model for kids than Robin Cook ever was.

How many people felt completely betrayed by Gary Glitter? If he was a known paedo at the height of his career he wouldn't have been successful.

The fact these people hurt their families, they don't really care about. I think Zoe is right, Giggs is more concerned about evidence being supplied for a high profile divorce, and losing contracts than any concern for his family.
I don't really understand why they waste their money when all you have to do is go on the internet and look at the scottish news and it will likely be front page news! The law doesn't stand there, so they can't stop them.
who the hell cares anyway
Gary Glitter was quite rightly reported, to prevent him hurting anyone else. Giggs wasn't hurting anyone.

I am sure there were motives there to try and prevent an expensive divorce, but I think that would have happened if his wife had found out without all the injunction nonsense.

It's immaterial now, as it is all in the open, and the Sun will have a field day tomorrow. They will soon be hinting at who the other footballer is.

Well I think gigs should of got an injection to protect Imogin as well as she has had to take the flake for ages because of him.
Has anyone on here got a superinjuction or can't they say